○ ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ ○

Daliah's POV

It felt like needles were scraping down my throat as I screamed at the agonising pain, as he poured alcohol over my wounds.

"Shut up!" He yelled at me as I took a kick to the stomach.

I held in the cry of pain because voicing it would only make things worse as I got to know the hard way.
It hurt so much.

He leaned in close to my ear, tracing his finger along my jaw down my neck and stopping at my collarbone. His gruff voice filled my ears as he spoke in a menacingly calm way, "So, will you listen to my orders now? Will you do your work on time, hm?"

Nothing but a pathetic whimper left me. God I felt so useless.
I grunted as he gripped my jaw with bruising strength and jerked my jaw to face him.
"ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION BITCH!" he roared and slapped my face, making me fall on the ground by the sheer force behind it.

He grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and before he could punch me I found my voice.
"Y-Yes." I said weakly.

He paused and leaned in close, a smirk rising on his lips. His dark eyes stared at me as he whispered, "What was that, buttercup?"
I winced at the old nickname he used to call me.
"Y-Yes. I will do my w-work on t-time. I won't rest until m-my duties are c-complete." I said, hoping for this to end.
He clicked his tongue, "Aren't you missing a little something there?" He spoke in a low tone.
"S-sir." I whispered.

I grunted as he let go of my collar dropped me to the ground.
"Make sure you don't. Or else.." He looked at me and smiled, "You know the consequences."
I hurriedly nodded. He glared at me, "Now get out of my sight and don't disturb me." With that he strode away to his room, leaving me in a pool of blood like every other day.

I hauled myself up to my feet and nearly collapsed once again at the pain in my back and gut. Who knew ten minutes could hurt so much.

FLASHBACK

I woke up to the door slamming shut downstairs. A terrifyingly familiar voice yelled my name.

"DALIAH! WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU!?"

All traces of sleep vanished from my body, fear taking its place. I bolted from the bed and dashed downstairs. My eyes landed on my stepfather, Dimitri Rossi and I instantly noticed the rage in his eyes. Our eyes met and before I knew it my back hit the wall with his left hand fisted around my collar.
He was drunk, no surprise there. I looked at him in confusion and fear.
What had I done wrong this time?

I soon got the answer as I noticed the smallest cut you could imagine on his right palm.

"What is a broken glass doing on the table?" He whispered in a voice filled with evil.
I froze.

'Fuck.'

He must have smashed it after I had gone to work. I was dead tired when I returned so I didn't notice it. He probably poured himself a glass of whiskey when he returned and cut himself from the jagged edge.

My train of thought was cut off by a jolt of pain in my jaw. He had punched me and I was currently on the ground. I didn't even notice that in the short period my back was on the wall he had managed to unbuckle his belt.

"You'll pay for this." was all he said before the belt came crashing down on my back, the sound of the tearing of my shirt resonating through the air..as well as my cry of pain.
I don't know how much time had passed but it felt like hours that he was whipping my back with his belt, the buckle mercilessly hitting my skin.
When he finally stopped, tears were streaming down my face and my back and shirt was all bloody. Blood was still oozing out and gathering under my body.

Just when I thought it was over, he picked up the bottle of alcohol on the table and poured it all over my back, drenching my shirt. I screamed at the agonising pain.

What had I done to deserve this?

END OF FLASHBACK

I limped over to the table and picked up the pieces of the broken glass, cutting my palms in the process. After throwing them in the dustbin I somehow managed to go up the stairs into my room.

I opened my drawer and took out the medical kit I always kept well stocked.
Discarding my bloody shirt, I poured disinfectant on a piece of cotton and cleaned my back with the help of a mirror. It stung. Badly. But I was barely conscious to notice it.

While treating my wounds my mind went to when all this started.

▪︎▪︎☆~☆▪︎▪︎

My mom, Cassandra had cried a lot when my father, Alessio had died. It was because of a car accident. The other person was drunk. That was when I started hating alcohol. I was 8 at the age and went into depression because I loved my father a lot.

Both me and my mom were mourning his loss but eventually, my mother decided that we had to keep living in his remembrance. She helped me come out of depression and our bond had been the strongest ever since.

About five years after my father's death, my mother fell in love with a man called Dimitri Rossi. I didn't favour the idea of another man taking place of dad, but, my mother looked happy with him. I liked seeing my mother happy especially after what she had to go through, so I tried to adjust hoping I could come to love him like her.

I never called Dimitri 'dad', because it just didn't feel real...no wave of love for the man in front of me, no smile rising on my face whenever I looked at him smiling. Nothing. I soon realised that he didn't like me much either. I didn't care because he was nothing to me. There was always this bad vibe coming from him and I didn't trust him. I was just civil with him for mom's sake.

My life wasn't a dream, no, but I never thought that one night would turn it into a nightmare.⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

A.N.-

Hey Hey HEY!!!
So, first official update WOOHOOOOO!!!
OMG i'm way too excited to see how this turns out, but i'll admit that i have high hopes :)
So i will upload the next part of the prologue when we reach 40 reads on my book!

I have written two parts of the prologue because i wanted you all to be clear with Daliah's past before the actual chapters start. And I will very slowly unveil Dante's past. Nothing much to it....or is there? wiggles eyebrows

How was it? Too lengthy? Too short? Too cringy? TOO GOOD?!! Whatever it is, please gimme some feedback IM DYING FROM SUSPENSE HERE!!!!!
Please make me aware of any mishaps (hehe) that you spotted in these chapters. I will delete your comment after correcting it. Feel free to write down your assumptions about the book in the comment section. I know its way too early for that but meh ;)

Anyways, i really hope you liked the FIRST update of Saving the Don (if you think of a better name please dm me XD). Add this to your library, vote, comment, yk all that jazz and i'll see y'all in Prologue Part 2!

Peace out ^3^
Akuto <3
_______________________________________