♡ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 ♡

Dante's POV

"So, how about...you come to live at my house?"

'.............I'm sorry what?'

I raised my eyebrow at her, trying to figure out her motives. Is she another one of those women who just want me in their bed or is she actually trying to pay me back?

"I have a garden shed behind my house and it's quite luxurious. If you need some nurse, I can be your nurse. Ok?" she asked hopefully.
I thought about the offer and my current condition. There were traitors in the mafia who had just tried to kill me. I was severely injured and would be easier to exterminate if discovered. An ordinary citizen's house would be the perfect hideout.

"Fine." I looked away and gritted out. "But you have to write me an IOU."
She looked tired but still mumbled out an OK.

▪︎▪︎☆~☆▪︎▪︎

I, Daliah Agosti, on 20th March accidentally hit the victim. In order to repay for the victim's losses, I will follow the command of the victim, provide him with accommodation and take care of his needs during his recuperation until I have paid off the remaining debt of €200,000.

I read the paper carefully and both of us signed on it.
"Are you ready to leave the hospital now or not?" she asked irritably.

I got up from the bed with her help and we walked outside, me leaning on her.
"I don't have a car or anything so we're going on my baby." she said.
"Fine. Wait....your what?" I asked, utterly confused and then realised as she gestured towards a black and white motorcycle parked in a corner.
She helped me get on it and then got on herself.
"I never use this but you should wear it." A white helmet was thrusted between by hands and I put it on, too tired to argue.
"Hold tight." she warned and I scoffed.
"I'm not a child. Just get on with it." I retorted.
She just shrugged, revved up her motorcycle and we sped off.

I should've held her.

As soon as we got on the road she went so fast that I automatically clasped my arms around her waist and pressed myself against her back. She let out a sound but I couldn't hear it very well over the wind.

They didn't sound like words anyway so I ignored it.

"Excuse me sir?" she said loudly.
"What?"
"What is your name?"
I merely came up with a random name because I needed to maintain a low profile, regardless of whether she is a random citizen or not.
"Enzo." I replied and she didn't say anything.
I paused before questioning. "What's yours?"
"Uh Daliah." she replied timidly.

Neither spoke with each other the rest of the way.

▪︎▪︎☆~☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆~☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆~☆▪︎▪︎

The door opened with a loud creak and both of us entered the dusty shed.
Daliah cursed under her breath as she analysed the shed's condition.

"This is where I will be staying? Luxurious my ass." I sneered at her.
She awkwardly cleared her throat and turned to me with a hint of fear in her eyes.

"I-I'm sorry, I uh- I didn't think the condition would be this bad. You can stay in the house for tonight while I fix this place up um-please?"
I huffed but limped outside nevertheless.

We walked into a fairly large living room with two bedrooms at each end of the hall. There was also a kitchen. She led me to one of the rooms at the left end of the hall and opened the door.
My eyes were met with navy blue walls, beige curtains drawn on one side where a window was present and a bed with butterfly patterned sheets on it.
I limped over to the wooden study table in the corner and saw a medical kit lying there, then turned back to see her fixing the sheets on the bed and straightening the carpets.