★ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐 ★

Daliah's POV

SHIT I'M LATE FOR WORK AGAIN!!

The front door to the cafe banged open as I rushed in and hurriedly wore my apron. Lisa had taken my place as cashier while I wasn't there and I made my way over to her. A nasty look was thrown my way as she brushed past me. 

Before leaving, she flashed a seductive smile at the man who was ordering, holding her thumb and pinky to her ear, mouthing, call me. In return, he shamelessly threw a wink towards her as a smirk crept up his face.

I looked around and spotted Caleb glaring at the customer, who made his way over to a table where a few other guys were sitting. They laughed and clapped his back as he sat down. 

My eyes landed on Caleb again but instantly averted as Lisa started sucking his face, yanking him closer by the collar of his shirt and his hands instantly cupped her ass, pulling her towards him.

Thankfully, a customer entered just then and I turned my focus towards him. The first thing that caught my eye was his short, ash grey hair. A friendly smile decorated his face as he stood in front of me
"Hey.." his eyes lowered to read my name tag, "Daliah. Can I get one chocolate croissant and one latte with oatmilk?"

I typed in the order; oatmilk huh? Interesting choice. "One chocolate croissant and one oatmilk latte. Sure, anything else?"
"Nope, thats all." He replied and I shot him a smile before he spoke again.
"Just out of curiosity, may I know when your shift ends?" He inquired and I scanned his face suspiciously.

"Um..it ends in an hour but I have two more after it. Er-why do you ask?" I replied carefully. His eyes flickered with surprise for a moment before he smiled shaking his head. "Like I said, it was just a question out of curiosity."

Weird.

"O....kay." I replied.
"Anyway, nice to meet you Daliah." He spoke and turned to leave.
"You too..um.." after contemplating for a moment I decided to just ask him, "may I know your name?"
He turned around, walking backward as his lips stretched into a grin.

"You can call me Leo..."

▪︎▪︎☆~☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆~☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆~☆▪︎▪︎

Dante's POV

I heard a knock on my door and opened it, expecting to see Daliah, but instead-

"Leo?!" I exclaimed and he shot me a wink.
"Miss me baby?" He spoke and leaned in, puckering up his lips. A disgusted scowl instantly painted my features as I took a large step back, placing my hand on his chest to prevent him from getting closer.

"No." I deadpanned and he rolled his eyes.
"Oh come on Danny, don't tell me you don't want a piece of this.." he waved his hand over his body, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

There was silence for two seconds before we both burst out laughing. Well, he laughed. I just grimaced.
"Oh I missed your stoic ass." He sighed, wrapping his arms around me and twirling us around.
"Yeah yeah, cut the sappy crap it's disturbing." I grumbled, but put one hand on his back nonetheless.

Leo drew back, and his eyes furrowed as they landed on my crutches.
"What the fuck are you doing here?" I questioned before he could start fussing over me.
"And I thought you'd be happy to see me." He sniffles dramatically.
"Let me rephrase. What the fuck are you doing here?"

He grinned triumphantly, "I tracked your location when you called me. Sent someone to spy a little bit and got to know what your saviour woman looks like. Matter of fact, I just met her at the cafe she works at before coming here to meet you thinking you'd welcome me with open arms and become all emotional because of how much you missed me and ki-" "I think we both know you didn't come her to just meet me, Leo." I cut him off.
He wiggled his eyebrows again and I glared at him before he scoffed and shoved a file in my face.