- 3. Inosuke Hashibira

⨯⨯ WARNING ⨯⨯
this story WILL contain blood, violence, and murder!

if you are uncomfortable with any of the things above, do not read!

┈┈[ ] [ ]┈┈

WATCHING with a disappointed frown, I sigh as Zenitsu opens a bunch of doors, trying to leave, sobbing.

"This one?!"

"No no, this one!"

"Maybe here?!"

"Or this—" Zenitsu freezes as I raise an eyebrow, looking over his shoulder.

Oh... Inosuke?

He turns his head towards us slowly as he exhales, it felt as though he was glaring at us— despite being unable to tell due to the mask.

"It's a monster!" Zenitsu cries, I shove his head down and duck my head down aswell.

I glance over my shoulder as Inosuke jumps off the walls before running off.

"Hm.."

The boy looks up at me as my eyes narrow in thought.

The boys then shifts his attention to Zenitsu who was a sobbing mess on the floor.

"..."

———
TIMESKIP
———

"Hm, right around here I think!" I say as Zenitsu and the boy stop behind me.

"Why are we here again?" The boy asks, glancing around.

"Oh! We're just trying to find the guy from before!" The lie escapes my tongue easily, Zenitsu was too panicked to even realize it was a lie.

"WH- WHAAAAT?!?! WHY ARE WE FOLLOWING THE DEMON?!"

"Hm? Did you not realize? It was only another slayer. The boar head he wore was a mask! The swords he had were made of nichirin!"

"Huh—?" Zenitsu tries to say but froze when he heard scraping behind him. Shakily turns his head, his eyes widened.

"A couple of kids!" The demon grins, tongue sticking out as it crawls towards us, "I bet you'll taste delicious!"

"WAUAAAHH!!! STAY AWAY! STAY AWAY FROM US! IM WARNING YOU!"

Zenitsu shrieks, dragging me and the child away. I frown, I had tries to grab my blade but was stopped when Zenitsu started to pull us away.

So unfair... I wanted to see if I was able to use any type of breathing style!

Blood... breathing...

I startled as the voice entered my head once again.

Last time I had ignored it but now...

I let Zenitsu drag me as I think back to the voice.

Who are you?