CHAPTER - 1, REBIRTH

The sun sunk into the horizon, and daylight began to drain away. The evening shadows deepen as if the world is about to drown in darkness. The thick blanket of clouds was crowded, and the moon was barely visible in fading light.

Everything seems motionless, even the air as if someone had pressed a pause button. A deadly silence hung over the bustling hospital.

Everyone's body was feezed, and throats were choked by something they couldn't see but could feel. All eyes were wide open, locked like a magnet on a young girl as if something had happened out of the blue.

Nurses were in a rush, and a crowd gathered in a corridor. Their fingers were getting numb, and their hearts were pounding out of their chest.

A frightening incident happened a movement ago that no one could believe. It was hard to utter a word or make a move when people saw a man in a black outfit holding a knife dripping blood and an innocent girl lying on the floor with blood all over.

Her white coat was soaked, and blood spattered everywhere. As the man pulled her knife out of her abdomen, the girl helplessly fell against the wall. Leaving straight red lines behind. Her legs were trembling, and she was trying to stand up, but her body gave up.

Nurses panicked when they saw her bloody body. They moved their hands chaotically but didn't dare to touch her wound.

"Miss Anna!" They cried but Anna couldn't respond. She tried to blink twice, but her vision became fussy and fussier, her fingers became cold, and it became hard, even to move an inch. Blood was constantly coming out, draining out all her strength that she couldn't even move.

With the sense of sight, her hearing also got dim. She couldn't listen to what the nurses were saying. Her eyes were telling the intensifying pain she was suffering.

She had to give up the urge to live...

Her eyes shut down with a blurry vision, but still...

Her face was as cheerful as ever.

'Is... it the end' she thought as she couldn't utter a word.

Slowly, the light reflection from her irises disappeared.

That man burst into laughter as he pulled out the knife dripping blood from her body. He had a huge smile as if it was satisfying to watch her slowly slide against the wall with her back, making thick red lines behind her.

His eyes brighten with joy when he watches her trying to stand up even if her body has given up. He had a spark of dopamine when he saw her lying in front of him helplessly.

The thunder sounds spine-chilling. A lightning jolt runs down quickly from the thick blanket drifting above, exploding like a sonic boom as if the sky is about to collapse.

The wind howls the way it never did before. The weather becomes unpleasantly chilly, and rain drizzles down hard, hurting and stinging the skin.

It seems like God was upset with what happened.

Anna was innocent, the kindest and sweetest person who never thought of revenge on anyone, and this was the END of her life.

---

"Hey, my dear..."

"Little girl..."

A sound reached her ears with a tingling sensation, she could feel her lips, and her fingers were no colder. She felt her eyes, gradually opened them and saw that she was floating in an unknown expanse that seemed like she was in the middle of a galaxy.

It was like a world of fairy-tale on a cloud, full of colours and glimmers. Fog and mist covered the entire space, and Anna could see a few sparkling stars from far above. It was a relaxed and peaceful surrounding between the formation of galaxies and millions of stars.