CHAPTER - 2, FEAR

The bright sun rose from the horizon, spreading its rays everywhere, and the deep blue sky slowly turned golden. Birds began their day, flying into the sky as high as they could and enjoying the warmth the sun was spreading.

The luminance glow of the sun was a bit merciful. Rays were directly falling on the balcony bringing hope and aspirations.

Andrew was sitting on his chair and tasting his morning coffee. His face was under the shed of the plants planted right beside him. Some of the rays penetrate through the leaves and reaches his face. But these few shadows were not enough to show his face.

He lifted his head a little and gave a flawless expression in bright daylight with a gentle smile. Looking above, he closed his beautiful eyes and listened to birds chirping. He opened his eyes and stared at the sky turning golden, giving a pearly glow.

*knock* - *knock*

"Almighty wishes to see you, Master." A voice came from behind the door.

"All right," he moved his soft lips and put on his jacket, and left his room which was motionless without him.

From his room, through the corridor to the grand hall where he was supposed to visit, his motion was nonstop, and everyone was glad to see his gentle expression, the address him the movement they saw him passing by.

His hands were on the door handle, and he opened it without sound. His steps were as silent as a night sea. He saw a person in a white outfit sitting on a couch, waiting for his arrival.

"My dear Andrew, what good timing!"

"Thanks. What's the reason you call me? Anything special?"

"Remember I told you about a girl Anna?"

"Oh, Anna..." As the name came to his lip, he had a faint smile, and his eyes had a special glow.

"Yeah, I remember," he swiftly gave an answer looking straight into his eyes.

"I think now is the right time. I want you to be Anna's Guardian. She's just starting her new life, and you will be helpful to her."

"I hope you will fulfil my request" He looked into his eyes, waiting for a promising reply.

"Yeah... I accept your request."

Andrew's face turned confident, and with a reassuring voice, he said, "I will become her Guardian."

---

The sun was yet to arrive, but Anna's day had already started. She woke up, still in bed, staring at the ceiling. She glanced at the clock hanging on the wall.

'5 am already!', she forcefully closed her eyes, pulled the blanket and hugged the cushion, trying to fall asleep again.

'Ah... It's hard to fall asleep now. Guess I have to get up', Her eyes were no sleepier. Still, she wasn't ready to get up, as if something unseen was stopping her.

Her room was well decorated, reflecting her personality. The walls were white and clean, with a single comfy bed, a simple desk with a mini library opposite, and a sliding closet beside the bed.

Anna was a sweet girl with a cheerful personality and a lovely smile. She was a medical intern doing her final year internship at a hospital. She has the urge to keep learning everything, and she likes to keep gathering new experiences.

Her routine starts with a cup of Coffee which is never hot as she never drinks it on time. She put on her clothes with a clean mind. There was nothing much to do that day, so she planned to come home early.