Macaque x gamer!reader

Hairbrush: The Worst Enemy

Hello again, Reader!
This oneshot takes place after the end of season 3.
However there aren't lots of spoilers, the beginning is a spoiler though.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Pronouns: They/Them

Love: Romantic

Type: Fluff

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Somewhere where I can do a bit of schemin' probably," Macaque, the black haired simian, said, looking back at the two heros known as Sun Wukong and MK. And at that moment, he disappeared into the shadow.

Meanwhile

1st person point of view

I was playing a rather old horror game. Slenderman, to be specific. I thought I was doing good as I collected the pages one by one, however that thought was quickly taken back as the screen slowly started filling with static, starting from the sides. I couldn't just lose now, I was so close. My heart started racing as I frantically walked around searching with static in front of me. Little did I know, the real scare was just about to come.

My eyes looked all over the screen, making sure I didn't miss anything.
I started calming myself down as the static went away, sighing in relief. The air was quickly sucked back in with a small gasp when a hand suddenly went over my eyes. I quickly snapped my head down while raising my arms, pushing the hand away.

"Macaque! You scared me half to death!" I complained, looking at the black haired person sitting innocently on my bed, pretending to not know what I was talking about.
"What? What do you mean? I was just watching you play," He smugly retorted, giving me a smirk. I grumbled and quit the game, already giving up. Macaque's eyes followed me as I walked around the room turning off any unneeded equipment such as LEDs, PC, wireless mouse, etc. I opened the blinds revealing a yellowish blue sky.

Macaque's POV

I arrived in Y/N's room, noticing they were playing a horror game. As always. They play a horror game then are scared of whatever was in the horror game. Whether it would be a gas station at night, animatronics, or something else that makes them avoid that thing for a week or two. Sometimes longer. I saw this opportunity to scare them. Why? It's fun. I slowly creeped up to them and in a quick move, I placed my hand in front of their eyes, earning a quiet gasp as they quickly pushed my hand away. I just as quickly sat criss cross on their bed to make it look like I didn't even stand up from it.

"Macaque! You scared me half to death!" They groaned standing in front of me. "What? What do you mean? I was just watching you play," I replied in a weak attempt to trick them. Obviously they already knew it was me.
They rolled their eyes playfully and started turning off any electronics they didn't need anymore. Once they were done, they sat next to me.
"Where were you? Your hair is really messy." They pointed out, looking directly at my hair. I chuckled lightly.
"It's always messy, plum." They shook their head. "Not when I brush it." They proved me wrong.

And with that they stood up again, walking out of the room. They've always been active when they have a small goal at the moment, as they physically cannot function until that is finished. They walked back into the room with a hair brush. I braced myself for the intense pain that was to come.
"It's not good to have knots in your hair, you know." They said softly. I sighed as they sat behind me, ruffling through my hair, seeing how many knots there were.
"Oh. What in the world were you doing? There are twice as many knots as usual." I slightly turned my head to sort of listen to them better.

"What? Impossible." I chuckled nervously. They ignored me and forcefully turned my head to face forwards. They started brushing my hair, starting from the ends which weren't that bad. However as they brushed closer to my roots, the more painful it got. "Ow! This hurts." I exclaimed as I turned my head to look at them. They simply chuckled and quickly responded. "Exactly why this needs to be done." They pet my head in an attempt to calm me down. I turned my head back around more determined to quickly go through this.

After a little while they were done with my hair. They moved to sit in front of me, gently brushing my sideburns. This was way better than the hell I went through before. I relaxed more and more the longer they brushed my sideburns. Soon enough they stopped and put the brush away, somewhere where their phone was.

"You're all done!" They cheered, placing both their hands on my cheeks.
I listened to them laugh quietly as I chirped at their touch. I placed my hand on top of one of theirs holding it in place. "You're really affectionate, aren't you? It's hard to believe you fight on your own." They once again pointed out. I rubbed my cheek against their hand. "I had a taste of death because of a single person. Trusting anyone close to him is hard, you know?" I smirked at them. They smiled at me with kind eyes. "Yeah, I guess you're right." They leaned in and kissed my nose.

I let go of their hand and grabbed onto their chin and lower back, pulling them in. "You missed, Darling." Their face had flustered written all over it. I laughed as their face got a deeper red.
"You're adorable, you know that?" I cooed leaning closer to their face until I closed the gap, pressing my lips against theirs softly. They kissed back sweetly as I moved my hand from their chin to the back of their head.

We pulled away slowly. They fluttered their eyes open seeing me smiling at them. "Do you have plums?" I asked them randomly. "Oh? Yeah, I bought some today, why?" They asked, tilting their head. "I can taste it." Their face turned a deep crimson red and pushed my face away from theirs as I laughed in amusement. "You're banned from making such comments from now on." They muttered.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

1043 words