home?

Abyssinia POV

When we landed in Chicago it's perfect,not too hot or cold. Laura, mom's annoying best friend was waiting for us,with her usual make up on,the bright red silk dress she wears is bright enough that I could see her through all these people.as soon as her eyes land on us she began screaming our name.

"Kal!"she jumps up and down with excitement.this is not normal thing to expect from twenty nine, technically thirty year old mother in public areas.

"Kall!!"she shout again,very loud this time that some other people In the airport even turn to look at her.

"Kal,oh my Gosh.look at you"she said smiling big batting her eyelashes probably trying not to cry.and ruin her carefully stained face with tears.

"Look at you too,you have lost weight"mom exclaimed like highschool girl and they hugged.is that appropriate topic to talk about losing weight right after meeting your best friend?not even before asking about what they were doing?

Uff... girls...uff.

I can't understand them at all.

"Look at my green eyed princess!"

Here we go!

"You shouldn't tie your hair,it looks weird on you"she suggested eyeing me up and down to check on my outfits. I'm very certain she is calculating in her mind on how to give me a comment about my outfits. "shorts? it's Chicago Abyssinia!wear something interesting"and of course about my shoes too."change the shoes too, Snickers with shorts?Kal?why don't you teach your daughter about the 'outfit lectures' I gave you?"this is her always phrase that I am getting used to.

Laura is fashion.she is fashion addicted,she live for fashion,she breathes fashion,she eats fashion,she drinks fashion,she walk with fashion,she is generally fashion.fashion.fashion.fashion.ugh!

"Oh come here my don't grumble"she said and hugged me leaving me breathless with her well known death hug.

"How was your flight?"Laura finally asked the right question as we wandered towards her car.
"Not bad"mom answered.
"I found a nice call for you, really nice car"she anounced once we got in the car."ohhh, thanks dear I really appreciate that"_mom

"Oh ...come on!"_ Laura.

"Thank you for your help,I don't know what I would do without you"_mom.

"You're embarrassing me,Kal"_laura.

"No.no.no.i should thank you for all of this"_mom.

"Kal we are friends, don't make a big deal out of it.friends help friends."_ Laura.

"But, really thank you and I mean it" _mom.

"It's okay dear"_laura.

A little silent settle down in the car,that I am very greatful for.but not until they begin talking about the handsome guy Laura saw last night,they don't seem to stop, they just talk, talk, talk.and then laugh, laugh, laugh.is this the only thing theses single moms talk about?

"By the way ,how was Beatrice?"it's mom who break from their heated conversation to ask about Laura's one year old baby.the baby is just like me.she doen't have a father.but at least her father is alive,let alone he married another woman and he know has two twin sons.she is lucky she has two brothers.

"She is fine"Laura mumbled.
They start talking about Beatrice which then led them to talk about Laura's ex husband and that led them to talk about the hot guy Laura thought would be good for mom.

I roll my eyes at them, sitting in the back seat, listening to their no ending conversation is like pain in ass.

Ignoring their 'match making' talk,I star out at the window, taking in each and every house we pass.they are small some one story,some two stories house.they are small but new and modern.