⠀04⠀⠀AFTERNOON CHAT

The sky now remained an orange hue, with pink tints adorning it

The sky now remained an orange hue, with pink tints adorning it. They all walked calmly to the recently opened Pantomo Bakery, the cafeteria that Kaneshiro had been talking so much about since they left Sanji Institute.

It quickly became popular as a branch of a large bakery in the nation's capital, and apparently they weren't lying when they said their desserts were the best in the state. Luca kept talking about how yesterday he and Shu didn't want to stop eating there because of how delicious everything was.

"I'm serious, guys! It was the best cake I've ever tasted in my entire life."

Y/n looked at the many stores and spaces around her, as if looking for the first time at what surrounded the building where she lived.

She was making mental notes of the places she might go in the future with her new friends.

Since a couple of days ago she had changed a lot. Little by little Ike and the others brought her out of her empty shell and she decided to be more social, even though her legs still trembled every time a stranger came up to talk to her.

Her hands massaged the straps of her backpack and she returned her gaze to the rest of the group, noticing how she and Shu remained a few steps behind the rest. Both were silent, listening to what the others were saying.

"Hey, Shu." She spoke low, but loud enough for the long-haired one to hear.

"What were you playing on the violin the day we met?" Y/n looked at him, curious.

That tune still lingered in the back of her head, for it was quite striking to her, and in her own opinion, pretty.

"Well... it doesn't have a name currently." He laughed, and she raised her eyebrows, "Ike and I composed it for fun some months ago."

"Ah! That's great!" Her surprised expression changed to a more cheerful one.

Did Ike know about music? She could ask him to teach her the basics later. She didn't want to join Shu's club being completely clueless of the subject.

She didn't remember the classes she had seen at her previous school about music, she sure didn't pay attention to them.

She bit her lower lip at the thought, slightly nervous.