|CHAPTER 6|

This work was beautifully done by Rose_by_another_name

https://archiveofourown.org/works/23828404/chapters/57355030

Third P.O.V

    "Daphne Greengrass was a surprising but pleasant addition to Eliza's court." After this sentence was read a light appeared and someone showed up. It was a blonde regal looking lady with a face of ice, at least until she saw Eliza and the others. She then looked with a smile and then it disappeared just as quick as it came.

    "Liza, always a pleasure. Theo as well. Blaise, you depend on my mood," Eliza and Theo smiled at her as well as waved her over while Blaise was pouting.

    "The icy blonde was quick witted, sharp and fit in perfectly with their personalities balancing Eliza and Theo's reclusive ways. She had jumped Malfoy's sinking ship after that night and joined her court the next morning. Eliza found that Daphne was far better at explaining pureblood customs than Blaise or Theo and as her family were aligned with the neutrals she offered interesting perspectives Eliza hadn't thought of before.

    And it was nice to have another girl around." Blaise gasped as it he was personally offended,

    "Are we not enough for you Liza. Oh the sorrow," he said all while fake crying. Eliza looked at Daphne, both of them rolling their eyes at his dramatics and turned to look at him,

    "Blaise it doesn't mean I enjoy your company any less, I just prefer Daphne's sometimes." He quit his act and started to laugh,

    "I know, I just wanted some drama. Everyone here is boring." Theo rolled his eyes this time,

    "Blaise wherever you go there is going to be drama so don't get your hopes down," And then turned to wait for the book to continue.

    "Over the past few weeks Daphne had slowly been teaching her various cosmetic charms and even charms that could tame Eliza's wild Potter hair. Like now, as she and her court were discussing what they should implement in Slytherin next, her thick black hair was braided back in a fish-tail plait keeping out of her eyes. She had been unsure at first, although not too concerned with appearances she knew the sight of the long silvery scar running down her face made some people nervous. But Daphne had eradicated her nerves with a well-placed intimidating glare and Eliza had quieted all her protests." The people in the great hall that didn't know her were surprised she was doubting herself, but Eliza put them in their place with a well placed glare.

    "It's been two weeks since I took over, if they don't see me act now I'll be fighting off vultures my entire reign and I simply can't be bothered with that" Eliza said from her seat at the table. Her court had found a disused classroom in the dungeons a week ago and after some in depth cleaning charms and a few well-placed transfigurations the room had become a workable 'office' in a way.

    "Your work ethic is admirable" Theo says drily from her left and Daphne shoots him a glare still unused to being so casual around Eliza.

    Blaise rolled his eyes at the both of them turning his dark eyes onto Eliza.

    "Well what do you want to introduce? It would be best to start with something simple that can be achieved well and quickly if you want to prove yourself an effective leader" Blaise explained and Eliza scrunched her nose. She didn't want to start simple, she was better than that.

    "Or Eliza could introduce something ambitious, still succeed and consolidate her position as ruler" Daphne countered tossing her blonde hair over her shoulder.

    "That" Eliza said pointing in Daphne's direction "I like that"

    Blaise groaned, banging his head on the table.