| CHAPTER 11 |

This work was beautifully done by Rose_by_another_name I am just giving it my own twist

CHAPTER 11

Third P.O.V

    After the revelation of who exactly Tom Riddle was, and Eliza, Tom, Regulus, and her courts leaving of the hall she expected to be bombarded in the morning, but pleasantly surprising enough no one talked to them so on her way to her table at the hall she grabbed Baby Black and told him to bring his friends with him and that they would be sitting with Eliza and her court today leaving no room for excuses.

    So Regulus grabbed Barty Crouch Jr, Evan Rosier, Pandora Rosier (Who would eventually go to become Pandora Lovegood), and Dorcas Meadows. When he says grabbed, read dragged, because they were terrified of the people Regulus was dragging them to sit with.

    When they reached the group of people Eliza took a look at those he brought over. When her eyes landed on Barty they lit up slightly.

    "Barty Crouch Jr. It is lovely to see you again." 

    Barty froze in place for a moment before Eliza gestured for them to all take a seat next to her on the couch or on the cushion on the floor. When everyone else walked in they were surprised to see a group of the students from their time sitting with the future troublemakers, but nothing seemed to be getting rid of them. When someone cleared their throat it seemed to snap the others out of their funk and they began to read again.

    "Eliza went through the next couple of days in a sort of daze. For the past month she had been conversing, quite amicably, with the teenage dark lord. She knew things about Voldemort that she doubted anyone else knew. And she was sure there was something morally dubious about chatting to her parent's murderer, the man who had even tried to kill her at the end of last year.

    But that was perhaps what was bothering her the most, that she wasn't bothered at all." 
    Lily and James looked positively offended on their future dead selves' behalf. Dumbledore looked like his worst fears were actually confirmed and it made her laugh at how constipated his face looked. When Tom looked at her questioningly she merely pointed towards Dumbledore's face and he began to laugh too. Not a dark cackle but a warm chuckle which seemed to scare most of the hall.

    "After the revelation had sunk in, Eliza found that it didn't actually change her feelings about the boy. She still found Riddle entertaining and intelligent, she might even go as far as to call him friend."
    People seemed disgusted that she could hold a Dark Lord so high up in her mind that she called him a friend, but the Slytherin Court couldn't wait for their reaction to being lovers.

    "But the thing was, if she were to hold Riddle in that regard, wasn't she also holding Voldemort in the same light? The two were indistinguishable, everything Riddle is and was is also everything Voldemort is or would be. Except, that wasn't strictly true was it?

    Riddle was amazingly intelligent, disarmingly charming, even just as ink on parchment without the natural charisma she was sure he would exude in real life. Her last interaction with Voldemort, even the stories she had heard of the man near the latter end of the war didn't match up with Riddle. The sadistic tendencies? The hunger for power? They were already present but the lack of impulse control? The borderline insanity Voldemort had shown in their last encounter?

     She had no idea where that had come from."
     Tom seemed to preen for the first part of her explanation, but it was slowly lost on himself as she listed his other self's qualities. How was he supposed to know that dabbling in Soul Magicks was going to make an extreme downturn in his already sour sanity?