| CHAPTER 7 |

The story they are reacting to was done beautifully by Rose_by_another_names
https://archiveofourown.org/works/23828404/chapters/57355030

CHAPTER 7

Third P.O.V

With the book starting up again people turned their attention back to the front and stared curiously. Her first year was over so what was next?

    "Dear Eliza,

    I know you said that you wouldn't be able to reply to us this summer but that won't stop me from sending letters to you instead.

    I have to admit I have missed Italy although I'm sure it's going to take me a while to get used to the cold Scottish weather again when I return. I can't believe our first year at Hogwarts went so quickly. Mother was very pleased to learn that I am already a member of the underclassmen court although now she has started dating again i.e. looking for prospective victims I don't see her much." The people of the hall looked frightened at the prospect of his mother and to be honest, Blaise didn't blame them one bit. He was scared of her too.

    "Don't bother to hide your fear from her, she can smell it coming from a mile." Blaise looked like he had first hand experience.

    "I never thought I would miss you all but the longer these summer holidays drag on the more I am willing to trade my favourite Italian pastries to spend an hour in your company, I know you are most likely rolling your eyes at me but as you can't reply I may be as dramatic as I like

    Counting down the days until we are reunited

    Blaise" When they learned who's letter it was, his earlier reaction made a lot more sense. It must be bad if he feared his own mother. Some people felt sorry for him, definitely relating to how he feels. Others, namely the extreme pro-light people looked at him in disgust and satisfaction. Oh how they would enjoy getting rid of another dark witch or wizard, and if they're lucky, both.

    "Like I said she smells the fear, I much prefer My Lady to my mother," Lily Potter looked like she was going to say something but thought better of it and decided that if she wanted to get on her daughter's good side she might want to keep quiet.

~

    "Dear Eliza,

    The summer holidays are dragging on for me and I simply have to assume they are for you too in the muggle world. Grandfather is out most days attending to business which I can't decide is a good or bad thing. I don't think I have ever been more aware of how lonely our family manor is until now when I have become used to the hustle and bustle of the common rooms. I am missing my chess partner.

    I hope that you are coming up with further ways to improve our house standing no matter what you're doing, I know you've probably already finished your homework. I can't wait for the content to get harder just to see you struggle, just a bit. It would be nice to see you fall to the same standards as us lowly mortals." Some people looked disgusted at Theo's reference. Why were they lowly mortals and she, high above them? They were better than the punny little girl and they would show her. Her court however burst into laughter, Blaise trying to stutter through his own,

    "Y-you called u-us lo-lowly mo-mortals! Rig-right to her fa-face," and he continued to wheeze. Theo looked amused at their reactions and Tom, to their astonishment, was chuckling. Eliza looked put out at their laughter, but let them have it knowing she could definitely be a bit much sometimes.

    "Wishing you the best,

    Theo

~