Chapter 60: Goodbye, Lan Wei

“If he could be convinced and have Shao Country become Mu Country’s vassal state, then I could spare him.” The Emperor had agreed to Ling Xiao’s request without any hesitation.

Ling Xiao stared blankly at the Emperor, a bit stunned.

Not wanting to discuss the matter any further, the Emperor had already stood up. He walked to his table and picked up his brush, starting to go through his documents, leaving Ling Xiao at the dining table.

Ling Xiao understood what the Emperor implied and did not dare to speak anymore. He merely ate a few more bites, without being able to tell the taste of the food, then he called out for someone to clean up and walked to the Emperor’s side.

Refusing to take notice of Ling Xiao’s presence, the Emperor concentrated on the documents on the table.

Ling Xiao was a bit nervous at heart. Although the Emperor did not show it on his face, the fact that he did not want to talk about it anymore was already a sign that he was unhappy.

As he did not dare to force it, Ling Xiao decided to try and curry favor instead. He quietly walked behind the Emperor and lightly pressed his shoulders.

Tacitly agreeing to Ling Xiao’s action, the Emperor paused. He then put down his brush and leaned back comfortably on the chair, allowing Ling Xiao an easier access to work. 

Ling Xiao carefully served him. He used the Emperor’s preferred massage technique and strength, and the other sighed in comfort, slowly closing his eyes.

“After you left, there really was no one who can serve Us as well as you.” The Emperor seem to sigh as he said so.

Ling Xiao felt a bit pleased, he steadied his mind and quietly said, “As long as Your Majesty likes it.”

“Like it, We like it a lot.” The Emperor spoke and reached out to pull Ling Xiao into his embrace, having him sit on his thigh as his gentle gaze stared at him, “We like you from top to bottom, the only one for Us is you.”

The Emperor’s tone suddenly became strong and he grasped Ling Xiao’s chin, unyieldingly making Ling Xiao lean closer to him, “You must never forget who your man is, understood?”

With his narrowed eyes staring at Ling Xiao, a terrifying and dignified aura emitted from the Emperor’s eyes, pressuring Ling Xiao to the point he was unable to breath. In a panic, he nodded his head.

Seeing Ling Xiao’s agreement, the Emperor slightly curbed his aura and let go of him.

Ling Xiao hurriedly got out of the Emperor’s embrace and knelt in front of him.

The Emperor stood up, “Stand up, We do not like it when you are always kneeling. From hereafter, you don’t need to kneel as such in front of Us.”

With that spoken, the Emperor passed by Ling Xiao and headed out, but paused at the entrance. He seemed to have remembered something as he stopped, his back facing Ling Xiao and he said, “Ling Xiao, you are an intelligent man, don’t try to touch my bottom line again.”

As if he was afraid the threat in those words wasn’t enough, the Emperor paused and continued, “As long as you’re obedient, We can make you the happiest man in the world.”

Saying so, he left without even looking back.

Ling Xiao relaxed and exhaled.  Holding his jumping heart, he got up from the ground. He watched the Emperor’s departing figure and lowered his head, pondering.

The Emperor’s last words were probably what his bottom line for Ling Xiao was nowadays.

It really did get lower a lot. Ling Xiao sighed ruefully.