prologue

omniscient pov

Virginia beach, Virginia———————————

———————————

FROM a young age, Venus was always interested in music. She'd allow herself to be enveloped by the melodic tunes of her favorite songs completely. The sounds of various percussion and woodwind instruments flooding her eardrums gave the girl a peace of mind. It became a comfort.

A comfort from the outside world was exactly what Venus needed. From her hectic home life with 3 siblings down to her vocal lessons and academics, it's safe to say, the young girl had a lot on her plate.

Music brought Venus to her own personal nirvana. It took her stresses away and lessened her anxiety. No matter the circumstances, Venus always knew music would have her back. It was her safe place.

When Venus was around three years old, her mother Jaime began to notice her singing along to her favorite cartoon theme songs along with her big brother, Kamari with more enthusiasm than most children. They'd put on an entire performance for their mother, dancing and singing their little heads off. Whenever Jaime saw that big smile on her children's faces, the annoyingly childish theme songs became all the more tolerable. Jaime just wanted her babies happy.

By the time she was six, Malik and Jaime began to realize their daughter truly had a gift. Singing came natural to her. The young parents were never afraid to share a quick clip of Venus singing to social media for friends and family to see. It was no secret that Venus was well supported.

By the age of eight, Venus was certain she wanted to become an entertainer - a performer. After watching all the big celebrities on tv, she knew she wanted to be just like them. Rich and famous with tons of fans. It sounded like a dream. A dream Venus was determined to make happen.

Venus begged and begged her parents to get her started early in the entertainment industry. She wanted to know the Ins and outs, front and back. With her new found determination, Malik and Jaime wasted no time signing their little girl up for vocal lessons. The couple truly believed in their daughter and were willing to take the steps necessary to lead their daughter to stardom.

✎ 𝗻𝗶𝘆𝗮'𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝗼𝗸﹏﹏﹏﹏
okay so for starters this is ass 😭. i swear i be knowing what to say in my head but when i try to write it down it sounds dumb. please don't be a ghost reader either, that shot is unmotivating asf. don't forget to vote too!! let me know what y'all think for now 💀. i'm finna gts, goodnighttt

~adoredni 🫀