002.

venus' pov

venus' pov

after having fun with my siblings and enjoying a little bit of a break yesterday, it's time to get back to work.

as i sat in my rolling chair i began to think about finishing off the current song im working on. i need to atleast have verse two and the bridge for my unreleased song done by tomorrow night and i'm just barely getting started.

i know slacking off won't get me anywhere but i'm terrible with procrastination. the bitch is damn near my arch nemesis.

anyways back to the song, the part that always messes me up is the stupid ass bridge. i feel like i've been sitting here for the past twenty minutes just trying to figure out how to start it off. normally it isn't this hard for me so i'm not understanding wtf the problem is.

getting up from my chair, i go to sit on my bed and pull out my ipad. i then go to google searching up "how to focus better." needless to say, google is no fucking help. i mean obviously put your phone down and shit but it's telling me stuff thats common sense. "see this the shit im talking bout." i sighed, rolling my eyes.

while laying in my bed i hear my dad knock on my door. "bleu, yo bestfriend here again." he said, leaving. umm okay.

well i've been laying here unproductive since i've finally finished my new song so i might as well get up and go greet her. i scanned the room looking for my robe. i could've sworn i left it in my chair but for whatever reason it isn't there. i walked over to my closet opening the door to see it hanging pretty on a velvet hanger. "oh." i said to myself. i took it off the hanger and put it on.

walking down the stairs i see my beloved bestfriend leilani. "omg what're you doing here bitch? i've missed you!!" i exclaimed, running to hug her. "girl.. we literally saw eachother last weekend." lei lei said very dryly. "look, i don't give a fuck abt nun of that. i missed your dumbass." i told her. "i missed you too girl." she responded.

"so look, i'm glad that you're here. i need you to listen to this snippet of my song and tell me what you think. i just finished it last night and i need your opinion." looking up from her phone, she turned to face me and nodded her head waiting for me to pull up the voice memo.

after playing the snippet, leilani looked at me with wide eyes "this is really good bleu! like deadass.. i think this might be a hit ngl" hearing that means a lot considering the fact that it took me fucking forever to write. "awwwe thank you bae!" i told her. she just rolled her as a response.

"so have you gotten your outfit together for saturday?" leilani quizzed. "no...? was i supposed to?" i questioned. "well i wouldn't be asking you if you weren't supposed to." smartass. "okay bitch. anyways, no i haven't, what's going on saturday?" okay what is this hoe talking about? i'm so confused rn.

"you need to leave that dope alone. how'd you forget abt zuri's birthday dinner? we've been talking abt it for like the past month." zuri is leilani's little sister. she also like my little sister as well considering the fact that i'm always around her. she's the same age as maia so they have play dates and stuff. if i'm being completely honestly, my life is so hectic, it slipped my mind.

"oh shit- you're right." great, now i feel terrible. if leilani would have never said anything, i probably would've missed it. "yeah i know im right. so do you have any clothes or do we need to go to the mall?" that's a good question. "well i think we should just go to the mall. plus i want some auntie anne's." yes. i'm thinking about food. fight me.

"bet that up. we out." leilani said. "ight lemme tell my dad." i know he isn't gonna trip since it's just me and lei lei. he's pretty cool.

i walk back upstairs and into my dads room. maia and jojo were in there playing roblox on the floor. since when did jojo play roblox? maia probably made him do it.

"hey dad, me and leilani wanna go to the mall so i can get a new outfit for zuris birthday party. i can go right?" rule number one, always assume you have permission to do something. your parents are more likely to say yes anyway. trust me, i learned that a few years ago. "yeah.. i don't see why not. you need me to drop y'all off?" he asked. "nah, leilani's drove her car here." i began to walk out of the room.

"wait," my dad said. i turned on my heels and faced him once again. "yes..?" i asked. "since when did leilani get a car? ain't she like 12?" oh so he got jokes? "haha." i straight faced him. "she's 16, has her license and a car." im two steps behind her! i just need my license but i haven't had time to take the driving test. thankfully i have my permit though. "okay whatever you say maia- bleu."

here he go mixing up our names again. typical parent shit. "okay love you guys, bye!" i said rushing out of the room before he had anymore objections. "love you too! be safe." i heard them say.

"ight you ready to dip?" i asked her. "fasho." leilani said. we walked out the front door and went straight to her Lexus IS. yawppp my bitch riding in fashion. we get in and buckle our seatbelts. she connects her phone to the carplay and we make our way to the mall.

✎ 𝗻𝗶𝘆𝗮'𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝗼𝗸﹏﹏﹏﹏
bye asf ☠️ do not kill me bc i deadass haven't updated this shit since like january. i have no motivation yall im sorry 😭😭 i saw some new people added this book to their reading lists so i decided it was time to finally push something out. this isn't proof read or anything so if there's mistakes then idk what to tell you. i'll fix it eventually. vote and comment or else. love y'all muah
~adoredni