03.

CHAPTER 3:' run '

CHAPTER 3:
' run '

Hayley turned over in her sleep, only to jump up at the feeling of arms around her. Her breathing was heavy as she looked down at the blond who was stirring awake. She quickly grabbed her phone to see it was nine in the morning.

"Oh, shit!" She cursed.

"What is it?" JJ asks, standing up from the ground.

"Well, um, I fell asleep with a guy I barely know and didn't go home." Hayley says. "My parents are gonna kill me."

"I forgot. You have parents who care about your whereabouts." He laughs. "Come on. I'll walk you home, princess."

"Stop calling me that." She rolls her eyes as they walk out of the house.

"You know you love it." JJ smirks as he walks behind the girl.

Hayley did like the pet name. She sometimes found herself wishing for him to call her it more. It made her stomach churn and her cheeks get hot when he called her that, but it's only because he's the one calling her it. If anyone else called her "princess", she probably would've already elbowed them in the gut.

The two were walking in utter silence. It was good silence though. They were kind of just enjoying each other's company. The island was starting to wake up. People were getting on their boats, opening restaurants, riding around.

JJ had moved Hayley away from the road as cars started to come out onto the road. The two looked up as a familiar voice called out Hayley's name.

"Hayley! Where you going?" Her cousin asked, shouting from the passenger's side of the truck, as a boy with dark skin had his window rolled down.

"Uh, home." She says.

"We can give you a ride. Ain't that right, Kelce?" He looks at his friend.

"Yeah." The boy nods his head, his eyes mostly on the Maybank boy.

"I'm good. JJ's walking me." Hayley said, and with that, the truck was pulled over, and the two boys were walking over to them.

"What do you think you're doing around her?" Rafe asked, the two boys getting in JJ's face and pushing Hayley out of the way.

"You got a hearing problem, Cameron? I'm walking her home." JJ puffed out his chest, asserting dominance.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" Hayley questioned as she tried to get in between them.

"Hayley, get in the truck." Rafe orders her.

"I don't know who the hell you think you are, but you're not gonna boss me around, so—" She finally got in between the boys, stepping in front of JJ. "Back off! And leave him alone."

"You're hanging around trash." Rafe tells her.

"The only trash that seems to be here is you." She looks him up and down in disgust. "We might be family, but you don't know me. So how about you get in the truck, and I'll continue to walk home."