11.

CHAPTER ELEVEN:' pissed of Kiara's and Hayley's '

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
' pissed of Kiara's and Hayley's '

"Yo, uh, so I— I think I'm gonna do this one by myself... tonight." John B tells the group.

"Really?" JJ questions.

"What?" John B looks at him.

"Nothing." He shrugs.

"I don't want to spook Sarah with the peanut gallery." The Routledge boy shrugs.

"Peanut gallery." Hayley mutters in confusion.

"I just don't understand why we're involving her at all." Kie says.

"Kie, we're not involving her, okay?" John B tells her. "It's— It's just, uh, like a— a business meeting..."

"You actually suck, y'know?" Hayley rolls her eyes, moving as far away as she can from John B.

"Look, once we get what we need, we cut her loose, alright?" John B continues.

"Can you actually go fuck yourself!?" Hayley exclaims, causing everyone in the car to go silent. "You're such an asshole, you know that, right? I hope you guys don't find the fucking gold."

"Hayley." Pope says as she climbs out of the car.

"Shit." John B jumps out, running after her. "Hayley, Hayley— stop, please!"

"What!?" She turns towards him. "Sarah is a person! With feelings. If you're just using her to finish some treasure hunt that may or may not be real, then let her know that. I can see it in her eyes, John B. She likes you. She actually likes you. And if she's just some girl you're hoping to mark off your bucket list—"

"She's not." John B cuts the girl off. "Okay? I like her too. But Kie isn't gonna let this go. I just need Kie to cooperate until I can get us this gold. You want the money too, right? Go back to New York and start ballet again?"

Hayley sighs as she looks at the ground. "Don't hurt her, John B. She's been hurt enough." The brunette left him alone, walking back towards the car. Everyone looked at her as she took her seat. "You guys have a staring problem."

They all cleared their throats, looking away from the girl. The wait was pretty quiet, aside from Pope and JJ making jokes and JJ checking up on Hayley every once in a while.

"Wait, do you guys hear that?" Kie questions.

"What?" The three ask, staying quiet.

"Please, somebody help!" They all heard Sarah yell out.

"Oh, wait, no. I hear that." JJ says as the four climb out of the car, running towards the yells.

"Sarah! What happened?" Pope questioned as they approached the girl, John B lying still underneath her.