12.

CHAPTER TWELVE:' women repellant '

CHAPTER TWELVE:
' women repellant '

"Down came Mrs. Crain and cut off all our heads." JJ sang. "And up came the sun and dried up all the blood."

"Shut up." Hayley flashed her light at the blond, giving him a threatening look.

"You're hot when you're all demanding." JJ smirked at her.

"W-What?" She stuttered, standing up slightly and hitting her head on the ceiling, due to the little room they had. "Ow."

"Watch out." JJ told her, smirking as he walked past her.

"See any water?" Kie questions. "Another dead end?"

"There's not even water on the pipes." JJ announces.

"There's no water here." Pope states.

"Not a dropamino." The blond speaks.

"Hm. Great." Hayley comments.

"Know why we didn't find it?" Kie asks. "Bad karma."

"Oh, God. Here we go." John B groans.

"You know, we had a good thing going. And then you decided to rope in Barbie, and now the trail's gone dry." Kie says. "Coincidence? Probably not."

"This is exactly why I didn't wanna tell you about Sarah." John B admits. "What the hell's the deal with you two?"

"I'd like to know that, too, actually." Hayley says.

"Nothing." Kie rolls her eyes.

"Nothing? Is it because I kissed you? Is that the problem?" John B asks her.

"Oh, shit!" The three teens exclaim as the girl slaps the boy.

"Stop treating me like I'm some girl that's obsessed with you instead of your best friend who's actually trying to look out for you." She tells him.

"Did you, uh... hit me?" He asks.

"Skeeter." She says.

Hayley looks to JJ as the two continue to argue. "If you ever slap me, that'll be the last day you live." She says before looking at Pope. "You too."

"I-I would never." They both say.

"Ooh." The three voice as John B slaps Kie. "Alright."

"Where's your proof?" Kie asks, and he reveals the insect on his hand.

"Sh." Pope says as the two argue and hit each other. "Why are there so many mosquitoes in a basement?"

"Dude. I know, seriously. Tiny vampire bats, just leave me alone." JJ complains. "Oh, my gosh! Okay, can we leave? 'Cause I'm already itchin' to leave. Haha. Punny."

"That was actually funny." Hayley laughs. "Proud of you."

"Are you saying I'm not funny?" He asks.

"Eh." She shrugs.