Chapter 3

I sigh in frustration. If I know absolutely nothing about my kidnapper, how will I ever get the chance to escape? Like a swarm, my last time seeing my parents plagued my mind. My mother and father, the ones who had raised me, loved me, cherished me, and taught me many things each and everyday are no longer in sight. My siblings, who had pestered me out of habit, and had infuriated me constantly, are no longer in sight. My friends, who had provided solace and kept me sane, are no longer in sight. In fact, the only thing in sight right now is this room, tempting me to lose all signs of a miracle. Still, I will not give up.

I take a deep breath to placate myself and say a prayer:

Dear God, I pray that you keep my family and I away from harm. Please bring peace and hope to me as I face this. In the name of Jesus, I pray, Amen.

And with that, I fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~................................................................................................................................................................

I wake up to a loud bang, threatening to rid me of all my hearing. I think that I'm dreaming and try to pull my blanket over me when I remember the grave predicament I'm in. Oh yeah, I just got kidnapped.

A scripture comes to mind instantly, "All things work together for good for those who love the LORD and are called according to his plan"

I pray to God, affirming my trust in Him. I got abducted, how bad can it be, right? At least I'm not hurt.

Yet.

"Get up. You have work to do". I immediately jump up and turn my head in the direction of the sound. All I see is a figure covered in all black clothes, my room and an open door. Instinctively, I run to the open door, only to be shoved to the cold, metallic epoxy. I look up petrified to see the same retreating figure, "Follow me", the person said. Thoughts race in my mind on what could possibly happen and what they want.

Right now, I'd probably guess the gender, but nowadays a high pitched person can be a man or woman, and a person with a deep husky voice can also be either. I can't even make an assumption because this person's voice is in the middle, as if they are carefully disguising their voice and critiquing my every move to make sure that I'm not taking mental notes to tell the police, which I technically am.

Honestly, I wouldn't blame them.

I get lost in my thoughts, as usual, only to feel something cold press down on my premaxilla. I avert my gaze to what's touching me. It's a gun.

______________________________________________________________

Hey guys, sorry for the short chapter this time, also, I warn you, there is quite a twist coming up, so get ready. Yeah. Bye guys!