8

eight

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

↳ irl

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"for the most perfect joint birthday ever, we are going  kayaking and paddleboarding"

"im not paddleboarding if i have to be on the same one as dillan" said joey, reminded of the last time the two girls attempted to paddleboard at the cape.

the choanna scheme was finally in motion. 

"i think the only other person who actually wants to paddleboard is chris"

"im down", said chris, looking at joey.

"alrighty"

when all the teens went to change, chris and joey realized one of the downsides of sharing a room. 

"you change first since i take forever" laughed joey, letting chris go in.

"ill be fast"

after 2 minutes, chris yelled and said she could come in.

he was shirtless in his swim trunks standing at the mirror fumbling with the necklace joanna got him

"can you help me put it back on?"

joanna walked over and grabbed the necklace, pulling it around his neck. her fingers brushed his neck and collarbone, sending goosebumps down his back, but he tried to ignore them. he turned around and she hugged him, wrapping her arms around his lower back. he impulsively held her head to his chest.

"whats the sudden hug for?" he laughed, stroking her hair

"just need a hug, thats all" she said pulling away. she cupped her hands around his face, just looking at him. "i love you a lot, y'know?"

"i know."

she stood on her tippy-toes and kissed his nose. "now get out so i can change"

"we are meeting up in the driveway, ok?"

"ok!"

she reached into her suitcase and pulled out her simple orange bikini with white polkadots, realizing that her and chris would be matching. she smiled and put it on, pulling her hair into a ponytail and spraying some perfume. she grabbed her tote bag and put sunblock, a bucket hat, and her sunglasses inside, along with one of those things that you put your phone in so you can take it into the water. she slipped on her flip-flops and walked down to the driveway.

"took you long enough" remarked axel as she walked out

"wa wa wa, cry about it axie" she said, ruffling his hair and climbing into the car next to chris.

when they arrived, chris took the paddleboard, kayaks, and oars of the top of the car with everyone else while dillan and joey went to find a spot to sit by the water. they placed down their bags, a cooler, and laid out towels and beach blankets to sit on. 

"come on jo, lets go out now!" said chris, dragging the paddle board towards the water.

"did you put sunblock on?"

"did in the driveway!"

"did he actually?" she asked, turning to dillan, who nodded her head.

"ok, ill be right there" she put her phone in the holder, kicked off her flipflops, and put on her sunglasses and hat. "wish me luck" she said to dillan as she walked over to chris. once he had the board stable in the water, he helped joey up. 

"m'lady," he said, pulling her hand. 

"oh what a gentleman!" she said, sitting on the edge of the board and putting her feet in the water as chris stayed standing, paddling. she laid back like she always did and looked up at her bestfriend. she examined all of his features. the way his face scrunched up in the sun, his eyes squinting, and his nose already with a light pink hue. she laughed as she closed her eyes, letting the sun warm her body.

"TURTLE HOLY SHIT THERES A TURTLE JO LOOK"

his sudden yell made joey jump, causing her to fall off of the board.

"JO" said chris as the board waddled, making him lose his balance and also fall right into the water. they both popped up from the water with a gasp, and then a laugh, a few yells (mostly from joey) and then they tried to get back on. chris got on first, sitting on the edge to pull joey up. the two sat on the edge of the board for a while, legs in the water, chris' arm around her shoulders.

"you're actually so stupid," laughed joey, shaking some of the water out of his hair

"you know you love me"

"yeah i do."

"jo i honestly love you so much it makes me want to throw up"

"i love you so much it makes me want to eat insulation"

"jo."

"what its like cotton candy"

the two laughed for a minute, absorbing the sun and eachothers company. joey always felt at peace with chris.

"do you want to go back in and have something to eat", she asked, breaking the comfortable silence.

"yeah," he said, "but one last thing"

and all of the sudden 

he was leaning in.

 and joey didn't plan on moving away.

a/n 

ahuxvcivicdycqvyucq3rigeuqbuvjqbiugy2gfifvqivuivrgi1ygfi2gfvqybieggiuwiuffvcytsiuOPOVP,BOB[PK[HKNKOJBPhIHOIQBV'OPNJWPNOKMVWOVINMo;ouubwwn,;,li/.i;[lrkl[\lw\]pvwv\upnmqb98720ipbmo'pjj

ek

-

k]

jk[oj

-zie <3