Chapter 1 - ♢

I'm Y/n. Right now I'm in the middle of math class. I honestly hate it so much. Let's just get the day over with. I can't deal with it anymore. When I get home, I will definitely get beaten up by my dad and my 2 older brothers. There is nowhere for me to be myself. The bell rang so I left my class. As I was walking to go home some bullies came to me.

"Where do you think you're going y/n?" Asked a bully.

"None of your business." I said and started walking faster.

They started throwing garbage and paper at me as I was running to my house. Before I went inside, I saw some fireworks. How nice. I walked inside and none of my family members were to be seen. 

"Dad? Mom? Hayate? Hideo?" I called out. No one answered. To be honest, I was a little worried. I went outside and there was no one in sight. 

"Hello??" I yelled out. No one answered. "This is just a joke..right? Where is everyone??" I yelled out once again. I went to a nearby store and got supplies and new clothes.

 I went to a nearby store and got supplies and new clothes

                         [What you wore]

It's already dark outside. What am I supposed to do? There is no electricity, no nothing. Suddenly, I saw a big screen turn on. It says 'Game' That's strange. There was an arrow so I followed it. I surely wasn't ready for whatever this will bring me. The arrow led me to a..casino? Interesting. I walked in and there were 4 other people. There was a table with a phone so I picked it up. It recognizes me. That's weird.

"Excuse me, What is this?" I asked someone.

"It's a game. If you want to live, Keep playing the games." A man told me.

So..Does that mean if we don't play the games, we die? There was a guy who was listening to music, he seemed like he knew what was going to happen. I better keep my eyes on him.

"Registration is now closed. Total players : 5. Difficulty : Six of Diamonds. Game name : Blackjack."

Huh? Six of Diamonds?

"Well looks like I'm gonna need my brain after all." A young man said and chuckled.

"What do Diamonds mean?" I asked a man.

"Diamonds are intelligence. You need to be smart for that. There are 3 more, Spades are physical. It tests your endurance and strength., Clubs are balance. It tests your teamwork and shows how you work with others. And the last one is the cruelest of them all..Hearts. It tests your trust in people. It's a game of betrayal." A man told me.

I am so shocked. Is this our world now? Will we ever get to go back home?

"Rules : A hand closest to or equivalent to 21 wins. Hands with the same points end in draw.Face cards (J, Q, K) are considered 10 points. Ace cards are considered 1 or 11 points, depending on what best suits the player's hand. If the non-dealer wins, they receive their betted chips in addition to the equivalent they betted from the dealer.If the dealer uses up the deck during the allotted time, a new dealer will take over.Once a player's chip count reaches 0, it's Game Over."

"This is crazy! I'd rather die than be here." A woman said.

"Really? You'd rather die than try to live. What if we do get to go back to our world? What will you do then?" A young man asked.

"Let's not fight here, let's get the game over with. First let's introduce ourselves. I'm Oda. Nice to meet you all." Oda said.

"I guess I'll do it too..I'm Reo." Reo said. She looked nice actually.

"I'm Kazuki. Nice to meet new people." Kazuki said.

"I'm Chishiya. Don't get in the way please. That just gets me annoyed." Chishiya said. So he was the guy listening to music earlier.

"Hi, I'm y/n. This is my first day here so I have no idea what to do." I said.

"A newbie? You're most likely to die first then." Chishiya said.

Die? I don't want to die now.. I know I've always said I wanted to kill myself but why do I want to live if there is no purpose in my life?

"So who's the dealer?" Reo asked.

"Dealer : Kazuki Time limit : 1 hour. Game begin."

"Me?? I'm..I'm the dealer??" Kazuki asked as he started to panic.

"Shall we begin?" Chishiya asked and pulled his hood down from his jacket.

                                                      55 minutes later                         

I'm scared to death right now. 5 minutes left..The dealer has 1 chip left..

"Let's just do this quickly and leave already." Chishiya said.

"I'm sorry Kazuki, You were nice while it lasted." Oda said.

"I'll see you later in the afterlife." Reo said.

"I know I'm going to die...I want to thank everyone in my life for everything.." Kazuki said.

Kazuki now has no chips left over. Reo, Oda, Chishiya, and I won and Kazuki...lost..Kazuki smiled knowing this was his last breath. A laser from the sky hit Kazuki.

"Is Kazuki..dead???" I asked in shocked.

"Yes. Sadly. He was a nice man." Oda said.

"Your right" Reo said.

We all got up from our chairs and looked at our phones. 

"Game cleared. Congratulations. We will now provide the players with a 6 day visa."

"Hopefully I'll see you guys some other time in other games." Oda said and left. Reo waved and left as well. I looked at Chishiya.

"Will I see you again?" I asked him.

"Maybe. Maybe not. I'm surprised you didn't die. And newbie..What was your name again? Y/n? Well..Don't get yourself killed." Chishiya said and walked off.

I better be prepared for the next game that awaits.

A/N : I tried to make this like how a game of borderland would go. I'm so sorry if this is similar to other people's stories. Stay safe.