I

.
.
.
.

It's a beautiful morning and you decide to go out for a walk and pass by your favorite book shop.
The weather is neither hot nor cold. Just the perfect temperature. You get ready wearing something casual.

You arrive at the bookstore and open the door only to be greeting by the familiar and adorable sound of the doorbell.

You loved this specific store. It wasn't anything elegant or luxurious or popular. It was a small shop hidden between a coffee shop and a small restaurant. Not many people came by to shop and it had some regulars.

When you enter you could see that the aeria was a normal size not too small not to big and all the walls from ceiling to floor were covered with books with ladders and a small office in the corner.

Another thing you loved about this book store was the quite, polite and kind man that owned it, Mr. Hedrich But as he always said "I do not own these books, these books own me"
You honestly saw him as father (grandfather) figure. You were really close. He would always tell you stories about his adventures when he was younger or you would tell him about your worries and problems and he would always have the best recommendations for books.

After the sound of the doorbell stop Mr. Hedrich welcomed you with his usual bright smile

"Good morning my dear!"

"Good morning, Mr. Hedrich! The weather is lovely today, so I decided to come and visit"

"Indeed, the weather is very nice today but please ,five years now you always use the weather regardless if it's good or bad as an excuse for coming!" He said chuckling

"Well, I can't help it. I just love this place" I said as if I've been caught doing smtg that I shouldn't.. "however I see that you are in a really good mood today"

"It's true! I went through some old books I had in the basement and I found my favorite that I thought I lost a long time ago. My grandmother gave it to me and who knows who gave it to her. It is said that it's a really old book. There's even a kind of legend behind this book"

"Really? What book is this?"

"Follow me to show you!"

And so I followed him downstairs.

To give some more explanation Mr. Hedrich was like a family to me. Actually the only family I got. After my parents suddenly disappeared when I was 12, my aunt took me with her in this small town, Delphi. She was always at work and I would rarely see her. So one day as I was walking to nowhere I came across this book store and something made me open that door only to be greeting by kindness and tenderness for the first time in a long time. I would come every day and help him with the store, I would always take a book with me. Sometimes I would sleep at the store. I know him 5 years now. I'm 17 and in 2 months I will become 18 and I intend to work with him.

So when Mr. Hedrich turned on the light I was amazed by how many more books where here. He started walking toward the end of the room and I followed. The basement was quiet big compared to the shop. It even had a small armchair with a lamp and a coffee table beside it.

When we finally reached the spot with the book he was talking about he took it in his hands and and gently stroke the red cover. "Tales and myths of the ancient Greece" was the title. Even though the book was obviously old it was still elegant and had a sense of magic on it.

I actually always admire the Greek mythology. I never had the chance though to learn more than the basics because of lack of time. This was my chance to learn more. He handed me the book and I opened it. It had 2.000 pages that were ready to get explored by me.

"I see that you are interested."
Mr. Hedrich's voice pulled me out of my zone out
" I knew that you would. You can stay here and read it for as long as you want. I will be upstairs. Take your time. It's a book that you must read."

"Thanks" I said as I placed myself on the small armchair

"Of course. Aw, I almost forgot. Be careful with the last page" he said and started heading upstairs

"What do you mean?"I asked but he never answered my question.
He closed the door behind him and now it was only me and the 2.000 pages of Greek mythology.
So I started reading

                       ..Timeskip..

I don't know how many hours passed but I was already at page 1899.. I went upstairs with the book on my hand only to see that no one was here and that outside it was already dark. I checked the watch on the wall and it said 01:30. Oh shit.. How many hours I spent there? ..
I decided to stay here and finish the book. It's not like I had anything better to do at home . So I stayed upstairs and sat at Mr. Hedrich's office to finish this masterpiece.

As I was at the last page I saw something unusual. There was a post note on the page from mr. Hedrich that wrote :

Read the following page only if you are ready. It's just a warning I heard when the book was passed to me, that you should be careful of the last page, idk why or what will happen. I haven't read it.

This statement sent shivers down my spine. Weird, I thought to myself. I was sceptical for some moments whether or not I should read it and why would they create such a superstition for one page.
In the end, curiosity took the better of me.. So I just started reading the last page which was nothing more than a bizarre (and spooky) poem.

To the brave one reading this
You must know that you are a fool
You just unlocked a curse
That was for years sealed
Now prepare to be greeted
By Gods and monsters
Heroes and curses
Because you will enter
another world
With no return home
And be sure that they
Will not let you go

And with reading this I closed the book. It was kinda creepy but I can't see why the fuzziness. I zone out for a little staring into space.
I decided to go home after all, so I can rest, when all of the sudden the lights start trembling.. The book started shaking and purple smoke started filling the room. I wanted to run but I couldn't. The earth start shaking and the last thing I remember is the feeling that I was consumed by the earth....
.

.

.

.
Darkness is not the same as emptiness. You can be consumed by it, but be sure that you are not alone and that something awaits for you in the other side
                                          -Anonymous -
.
.
.
.