four

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

°•. ┊ Safe and Sound ┊.•°
✧ ˚ ━ screaming at the sky, act one

CHAPTER FOUR — dynamite with a laser beam( episode one ; abomination )

( episode one ; abomination )

"They're coming back, so we don't have much time to talk." Deaton says, pouring some rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball, preparing to treat Scott's wound. He's not healing because it's an injury sustained from an alpha. Deaton glances at me, as the beta questions what he's doing and I struggle to cover each gash with gauze. "It's rubbing alcohol. You don't want it to get infected, do you?" Scott shakes his head softly and I debate pouring the same substance onto my neck, just to see if it'll help at all. "You'll heal the same, just not as quickly because of Derek."

"Okay, how do you know all this?" I ask, various theories swirling through my mind, causing my head to ache.

"Actually, how do you know anything?" Scott adds.

"It's a longer story." The good doctor tells us, patching up the gash on the McCall boys torso. "What I can tell you, is that I know about your kind. Your kind. I can help. But this..." He turns our attention to the corpse on the metal exam table, whose chest has been clawed out. "This is something different." The man then turns to me, doing his best to quickly fix my hack job of first aid.

"Well, do you know what did it?"

"No, but the Argents will. And this is the crucial part..." Deaton finishes up with my injury and returns his gaze to Scott. "They'll have some kind of record or book. It'll have descriptions, histories, notations of all the things they've discovered."

"All the things?" Shock is evident not only in McCall's tone of voice, but on his face as well. "How many different things are there?" The vet doesn't get a chance to respond, as the sound of engines and car doors fill the room and he ushers Scott and I through a door. The two of us keep quiet, listening as the hunters interrogate Deaton on his findings. Whatever killed that man, left a scratch on the back of his neck and paralyzed him first. Then it proceeded to plunge its claws into the torso and scratched upward, slicing through a number of organs including his lungs. They have no idea what the creature is, but Deaton tells them that they should fear it because it's killing for sport, not survival. Scott and I slip out the back, running as fast as my feet can carry, as he keeps pace with me. Once we're far enough away, we slow to a fast walk and A comfortable silence falls over us. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah-" It comes out as a strained whisper and every syllable hurts worse than the feeling of Erica's claws piercing my skin. He wraps an arm around my shoulder, pulling me into his side and for the remainder of the walk, only the sounds of crickets can be heard. We approach my house, no sign of Stiles or my dad and I release a breath of relief. Definitely don't need to explain any of this.