010

being  easy  to  hook  up  with  was  kind  of  fun.   it  gave  him  the  thrill  of  being  needed,  being  wanted  even  if  it  was  just  to  give  a  girl  a  good  time.   she  thought  he  was  pretty  enough  and  he  craved  the  attention  of  being  pretty.   he  needed  the  gratification  that  hooking  up  gave  him,   needed  it  more  than  anything  else.
   because  sure,   the  alcohol  was  nice  and  the  weed  was  even  nicer  but  really,   all  he  wanted  was  to  be  pretty.  to  be  loved.  to  be  looked  after  even  just  for  the  night.   and  those  girls?   they  would  lay  his  head  on  their  chests  after  they  finished.  they  would  brush  through  his  curls  and  tell  him  that  he  did  good,   they  had  a  good  time.   and  they'd  fall  asleep  just  like  that. 
   until  the  next  morning.  when  jefferson  was  already  gone  before  they  woke  up.  his  need  for  validation  settled  for  then.   and  the  girls  would  move  on  with  their  life.  gossip  about  him  for  a  little  while  calling  him  easy  but  saying  he's  a  good  time  in  the  same  sentence.
   the  word  were  always  harsh,  he  was  always  regarded  as  just  as  much  of  a  whore  as  they  were.   and  he  was  always  talked  about  behind  his  back  but  he couldn't  bring  himself  to  care.   not  when  the  soft  touch  of  whoever  he  fucked  was  so  comforting.  not  when  being  a  whore  was  the  most  fun  derry  could  offer  him.  
   to  everyone  in  the  town,  he  was  an  accessory.  something  to  pull  along  and  claim  for  a  night,   something  not  close  enough  to  a  real  person.   only  did  he  become  human  again  when  the  gentle  touches  replaced  the  harsh  environment  he'd  created.   only  was  he  regarded  as  someone  with  feelings  when  he'd  made  someone  else  feel  good.