Chapter Nineteen

I never know what I'm going to get. Sweet dreams filled with bliss or absolute night terrors that awake me with a sweat. Nightmares have been haunting me since my capture. I see dead people. I see how Noah dies, Layla, the detectives, strangers on the papers, even mr. Sullivan. My mind is driving me crazy.

But right now, I see Noah with his hand held out for me to take. He's smiling and encouraging me to hurry so we can go on our weekly date. I can't help but smile and take his hand in mine eagerly.

"So what's our plans?"

"It's a surprise" Noah grins and opens the car door for me. I get in and smile as I watch him round the car and get into the drivers seat. A soft love song tunes throughout the speakers of the car. Our hands are still held together, our fingers intertwined.

Eventually he pulls into secluded place and puts the car in park. I glance over at him curiously. This is different.

"What's this?"

"A place that you will find peace, baby" Noah squeezes my hand gently before he gets out of the car. I get out and shut the car door. Large trees go on for miles and I hear a stream from the distance. The sun shines brights through the forest, lighting it up so magically. Noah comes behind me and hugs me from behind. I smile and turn my head to him.

"Seriously. What is this?"

"Look"

I raise my brow and look back at the scenery in front of me. The forest has gone darker and eerier. I feel my heart beat faster as the sight of dark fog begins to surround the area around me. My stomach has a weird feeling. I glance at the car to consider getting in, despite Noah's grip around me, but the cars no longer there.

"Noah..." I mumble nervously, "Somethings wrong...we need to go"

His hands travel up my body slowly. I stop his hand with mine slightly irritated and confused. His bare hands are replaced by hands in leather. I look down to see the familiar black leather gloves. Before I can react, he grabs my throat and uses his other to hold the knife.

"You'll find peace here with me, sweetheart" ghostface whispers into my ear. The darkness of the fog grows thicker around us, ready to consume us like a wild animal.

I scream.

When I open my eyes again, I still see ghostface. I gasp loudly before he covers my mouth quickly and points a finger over his mouth. I feel sweaty and out of breathe. My hearts beating so fast.

He takes the mask off with his free hand. His dark hair is messy and his eyes are wild, yet he looks pleased.

"Shh, don't scream" Danny shushes softly, "You're not going to scream, are you?"

I shake my head.

"Good girl" He says as he uncovers my mouth. It takes me a moment to fully take him in and see the blood. His hands are stained red. I suddenly feel panicked again, my heart beat not slowing down. He killed someone and the scent is so strong that I feel sick. I lean as much to the side as I can and throw up.

I breathe heavily through my mouth as I resist the urge to puke again. I shiver as I stay in a leaned position. I close my eyes and just focus on breathing. My nightmare and current situation is making me feel nauseous all over again.

I hear the handcuffs clinking and feel my hand fall onto the pillow by my head, then the other. I brace myself as I feel Danny help me up and carries me. I keep my eyes closed the whole time, even as I feel myself being sat down on the cold floor. The door closes and I hear water running. I open my sore eyes, slightly squinting from the sudden bright light in the bathroom.