X

Chapter X
Valeria and missiles

I've never knew someone could sleep so well in this way. Held against someones chest, arms around waist, the touch of someone's breath on the neck.

I never knew until then. Alejandro didn't joke when he said he cuddles. He does. And he does it in the best way. I was wearing only my underwear and one of his t-shirts, that was barely reaching under my butt, but it was comfortable and it smelled like him.

I feel asleep facing the wall, Alejandro hugging me from behind. It felt like heaven. He was holding me so close to him, and so tightly, making me feel loved and safe. Oh, I don't remember the last time I felt safe.

We woke up early in the morning, although I wanted to sleep a little longer, feel his arms around me for a little longer.

"Despierta, princesa..."he whispered into my ear, his voice raspy and deep.

I turned around to face him, rubbing my sleep away from my eyes. I watched him carefully, trying to understand if it was a dream or not. He smiled lightly at me, and without realizing I was smiling as well.

"I was sleeping so well..."

"I know, but we need to get up. They are already waiting for us."

I weakly got up from the bed, stretching my arms, then turned back to him, letting my hands on his shoulders.

"Can I keep it?"

"¿la polera? Of course, it looks better on you anyway."

We were now in the military uniform, in a room that never knew existed here. Ghost was resting his back on the wall, while Soap was just standing next to him. I was next to Alejandro, and Rodolfo was on his other side. Graves was here too, standing in front of Valeria, who was casually sitting on a chair. Even being surrended by people that could kill her in a moment, she didnt seem to be intimidated or scared. She knew we needed her.

"Alright. How do you two know each other?" Graves asked, crossing his arms, turning to face Alejandro.

"Know is a strong word." He replied, his eyebrows pulling together.

"Las palabras fuertes son importantes. Nuestra palabra es nuestro valor, ¿verdad?" She said, a smirk appearing on her face.

I saw Alejandro's body tensing up in anger. I gently grabbed his pinky into my hand, looking up at him. He pressed his lips together, looking to me from the corner of his eyes, but took a deep breath.

"Seguir. Tell them."

"I don't take orders anymore. Even the dogs in Las Almas know not to bark at me."

"Look at this-"he said annoyed "she's ex-military. We served together.

"We were the wild ones, huh... 'los vaqueros.'"

"Until the raid on the son of La Arana. Te recuerdas?" Alejandro said, his words felt heavy, his anger filling the room.

But that's what Valeria wanted to do. Annoy him, get him angry...

"Me recuerdo perfecto."

"She, along with a few more soldiers, were told to cordon off the city to keep out La Arana's enforcers and prevent the bloodshed."