Prologue

-

In this world, they say that they only borrow the energy the great mother give us, and that one day, we give it back

-

A father with his 6 years old daughter stand in the beach, the little girl has a shell in her hand as she looks at the sea, her feet moving a little as the father looked at the ocean too, his eyes looked distant.. sad.

« Dad ? Can I drop the sea shell now ? »

The tone of the little girl was innocent, and her eyes raised to her father with the same innocence. The father looked back at his daughter and he smiled a little, she looked so much like her mother..

« Oh course Leyra, let's drop it »

It may seem strange to others, but every year, they had for little tradition to drop a sea shell in the ocean for her mother, who joined Eywa back the day she gave birth to their daughter, Leyra.

-

Some die old, others die young. Like the little girl's mother. She died giving birth to the child of her mate, to their little Leyra. The name was her idea, they hesitated for a while before agreeing on the name, their baby's name.

-

A little older, the baby was now 8 years old and seemed lonely. But she wasn't complaining, she was playing around with small fish net her father gave her.
But to her obliviousness, another girl was watching her, with curious and kind eyes.

Without a second thought, the girl decided to join the lonely one and ask her if they could play together. With soft steps on the sand, she put her hands in her back and leaned over the shoulder of the fisher daughter.

« What are you doing ? »

Leyra jumped and turned around, staring wide eyed at the girl that looked at her with curiosity. Leyra glanced at her hands that were still holding the fishing net in it and looked back up at the girl.

« Um, .. My dad made this net for me so I could catch fishes.. I'm Leyra and you ? »

« Oh I'm Tsireya ! Can we play together ? »

With a nod, Leyra smiled at Tsireya. That day, a great friendship began.

-

Together, they would swim, explore and ride their ilu together. As soon as they became friends, Tsireya took her to meet her big brother, Aonung. At first, they were friendly to each other. But as the years grew by, they continued to be in good terms but their friendship turned into something more of a rivalry, who would become the best diver. Who would be the best at fighting ...

Leyra met Tsireya's parents a little after her brother, Tonowari and Ronal. Tonowari was the chief and he was understanding, dare she say, kind. But Ronal, it was another affair. Ronal was mighty, she seemed cold, only excepted the best for her children, but she seemed to accept Tsireya and Leyra's friendship.

Tsireya also met Leyra's father. The fisherman.
He was kind, calm and always wore a smile when the girls where around, he was this kind of person where you could relax and tell your secret, and you could be sure he wouldn't tell a soul to anybody.

It was their friendship. Based on trust and kindness, Tsireya and Leyra, Leyra and Tsireya.
They were a pair, never one without the other, always attached by the hip

-

« Leyra wait for me ! »

Giggling girls were seen as they ran together on the beach, playing as if they were 8 years old all over again. Even if they were already on their 14th year of living ..

« Run faster then I'll reconsider ! »

Jumping off in the water, Leyra called for her ilu, Atan, together they swam as far as they could as Tsireya joined her.
Their fun was short lived, when they resurfaced, they saw mountain ikrans. Confused, they swam back to the beach were they seemed to land