Chapter 5

-

On the very next day, the first thing Leyra did when she woke up, was to take a little stroll on the beach, trying to take her mind off all this mess.

It did not work.

Leyra found herself, walking towards the marui of the chief's family to try and get more information about the arrangements about Aonung and her future.

Discreetly, Leyra glanced inside only to see Ronal awake, with the rest of the family away. To this, the fisher's daughter walked further in and shuffled a little, waiting for Ronal to see her.
And she succeeded, the Tsahìk looked up and stared at Leyra, beckoning her to enter fully in the marui, they both greeted each other and Leyra crouched down a little away from Ronal, fiddling with her hands.

« I wanted to talk to you about the arrangement.. About Aonung and I.. »

« Ah yes. We will start your Tsahìk training right away. I will explain to you everything basic for now, and you will have to keep them in mind »

« Ronal, I do not think I am the best suited to be Tsahìk.. Other girls are far more interested than I, and like I said yesterday, some girls are already after Aonung. So why me ? »

Staring at the younger girl, Ronal had just a blank face before sighing a little and fully turning her body, with a growing belly, towards Leyra, putting down the bowl she had in her hands.

« You already know Aonung, plus, this rivalry between the two of you could make you both grow. You have a good memory, and you seem curious about everything, mostly Eywa. Those are great qualities for a Tsahìk. And it is already decided. »

Groaning a little, she knew that Ronal and Tonowari only meant well, but what about her ? She wanted to be a warrior, not a Tsahìk. And while Ronal was a great exemple of how she wanted to be, Tsahìk and warrior, she didn't want to be the copy of Ronal, she wanted to be herself.

« .. Can we start later ? I need to think .. »

« Very well, but be there at sun high, we will start right away. Tell Aonung about the arrangement too. »

Not losing a second to get up, Leyra quickly went away from the marui and tried to find her father near the fishing pools, only to find the Sully kids with Rotxo, Tsireya and Aonung, talking.
Glancing a last time towards the fishers, she didn't see her father so, she decided to join the group that seemed to get along quite well now that Aonung and Lo'ak were on the same page.

Walking closer, she heard some of their conversation, that the tulkun haven't come back yet. This spiked her curiosity and she fastened her pace a little, Tsireya noticing her first and waving at her with a bright smile. The others turned around and greeted her while Leyra simply sat next to Kiri.

« What are you guys talking about ? »

« Lo'ak says that he was saved by a tulkun. »

« What ? But they did not come back yet. »

« And anyway, no tulkun is ever alone. »

Cut her off Aonung, joining in the crouching position everyone was as he placed a hand on his thigh

« This one was. He had a missing fin. Like a stump on the left side »

While Tuk pitied the talking, realisation dawned on both Tsireya and Leyra who widened her eyes a little. It was Tsireya who explained and took the hand of Lo'ak

« Payakan, it's Payakan. »

« Who is payakan ? » asked Kiri, Rotxo went to answer her question, which the sully probably all thought.