Chapter 2

-

The next day, the four of the Metkayina waited patiently for the Sully kids to join them. Leyra was more like watching Rotxo doing his silly usual self, telling awful jokes while Tsireya and Aonung talked between them.

« You know, if you stopped being so petty, you would both finally see.. »

« What are you talking about Tsireya ? »

« Aonung, the entire village knows for your rivalry, everyone see it as clear as the sea except you two ! »

« I mean yeah, we are rivals, we do not hide it.. »

His tone was confused, and the sigh leaving Tsireya's mouth could be clearly understood as frustrated. She has been their number 1 supporter but if neither of them could admit what they felt, it would take way longer for them to be together..

« You are both insufferable.. »

At this, Leyra turned her eyes towards her best friend with a confused face, while Rotxo continued to crack jokes, being ignored by the girl

« What are you on Rey ? »

Before the said girl could answer, the four Sully kids finally arrived and greeted the four others. They all walked together towards the sea and the four Metkayina kids gracefully dived into it.
The Sully kids only jumped with a maximum of drama possible.
Fascinated by the sea life, it took them a little while to focus on the task they were supposed to do, learning to swim like a Metkayina. But after a few minutes of complete wonder, they finally started to swim towards the four others, that obviously haven't waited for them.
Constantly looking back towards the Sully's, they went to go deeper in the sea, but before they could. The two boys went straight to the surface, soon joined by their little sister.

Puzzled, the four of them looked at each other briefly before Tsireya told them to swim with them. They did not understood as they shrugged. Leyra rolled her eyes and made a movement with her arm to tell them to follow them.
This time they seemed to understand and soon enough, they were underwater again, swimming.
The Metkayina stopped to wait for them, only for the Sully to go back to the surface while Aonung passed behind them to stop next to Rotxo.

« What's wrong with them ? »

« Those guys are bad at diving »

Signed both Aonung and Rotxo, frowning Tsireya made a movement to tell them to stop, soon followed by telling them that they were in fact learning. This time, Aonung made and exaggerated roll eye while a frowning Leyra next to Tsireya.

The four of them went back to the surface when seeing that the Sully's weren't going back down. Tsireya and Leyra arrived first, soon followed by Rotxo, not taking a breath and gracefully emerging from the water.

« Are you alright ? » asked Leyra

« You're too fast ! Wait for us ! »

« Just breathe, breathe.. »

While this seemed obvious to the Metkayina, it did not as the three Sully looked puzzled, how are they supposed to breath underwater ? But this question soon went away as Aonung finally decided to join the six of them

« You are not good divers, maybe good at swigging through trees but- »

« Enough » said Leyra while softly hitting the head of the smug boy.

« Come on bro »

« We don't speak this .. finger talk, alright ? We don't know what you're saying »

« We will teach you »

This idea came from Tsireya, but it obviously included Leyra too. And as the said girl was nodding at her statement, Rotxo soon turned around, looking for something.