11 - Unspoken Evil

Two storm Spirits walk up to the blue purist, their emotions on the bare minimum requirement for sealing.

The crown stared over the smoke-filled horizon, seemingly frozen after determining the emotional states of the twins.

Seeing blue-fired thrusters in the far distance along with a bandaged upper body strapped and connected to a Combat Realizer, the crown couldn't help but feel this sense of urgency. Acting on impulse just this once, it zoomed toward Shido.

Shido: "Keter-san, what's wrong?"

Keter Adom: "Laura Agana. Keter Adom feels a disconnection from her upon Keter Adom's awakening."

A chill runs up the boy's spine. His eyes widen and his pupils shrink.

Shido: "W-What?!"

He was visibly panicked.

Keter Adom: "Why is Shido Itsuka panicking?... Nevertheless, Keter Adom felt a sudden disturbance. Keter Adom does not feel connected to Laura Agana."

Shido: "Does that mean-?"

Keter Adom: "I can no longer sense where Laura is or where she will be going. Keter Adom cannot track her."

---

High above just below the clouds in the sky, the smell of metallic ash and sundering steel along with the uneasy stench of fuel were all verily present. It was sickening, irritating.

Even the sounds of the thrusters were revolting. The air was thick, and the user of the CR-Unit was not in the best of moods.

"You know what to do." Those words filled with malice, amusement, and ill intent flashed back to her. They made her heart swell up in aching disdain.

No words were said, and a crude dagger was manifested. Its yellow cracks and veins were not at all aesthetically pleasing...

Laura: "'Blood... We need more blood...' "

Her dead, quiet, and distant voice muttered inside her head as her eyes drew unliving stares.

Casualties from the recent airship battle should not be wasted. They will serve an even greater purpose, for death is not even the end of their usefulness.

Streams of red flow from below and up to the skies, being turned into Fervour and absorbed.

"Do what you're told. Use Divine Inspiration wisely." More words of malevolence flashed back in her mind. She felt sick just thinking about them.

Laura: "'Divine Inspiration, huh?...' "

She thought to herself.

Whatever that is, it makes sense how she learned things quickly within a month after her first appearance. She reminisced.

---

Three days after her debut as the Monarch, she had been able to relatively solidify her existence in society as a half-German and half-Japanese woman with young looks named "Laura Agana."

Laura wore a checkered pattern on her skirt as her body was clothed in an oversized sweatshirt. Her walk led her to a vast library.

She takes a read on ones that interest her; a thick book about modern architecture and applied practices, a few books about different social sciences, and even a few about drafting and drawing-even manga artistry.

Despite the slight protest and shock of the local librarian, she was allowed to take the many books home under the pretense that she return them all lest she is heavily fined and banned. This would normally be highly unorthodox, and yet she was able to convince the librarian.