v. THE CAFE !

"GOT ANY PLANS FOR THIS WEEK?" João asks her once they were seated down in a private corner of a cafe. Luzia lets out a small hum, sipping on her iced americano.

"Yeah, I'm meeting up with Vini tomorrow for breakfast! I haven't seen him in ages. I've missed him so much. I'm just so excited." She happily replies, setting down her coffee, "And I'm trying to figure out when Gavi and Jude are free so I can have lunch with them, and i'm visiting Kevin tomorrow night to watch a movie with him."

"Are you and Vini dating?" João asks her, fiddling with his fingers as he looks up at her.

Luzia makes a weird face at him and quickly waves her hands around while shaking her head. "No! No! Gosh. No. He's just my best friend." She replies through chuckles. He immediately lets out a sigh of relief, "I've known him since I was a child. My mom and his mom were best friends while growing up. They also lived next to each other so when I visited Brazil every summer, I'd always hang out with him. He's basically my brother."

"That's good to know. That you're not dating anyone."

Luzia raises her eyebrow at his words. Her attention quickly went back to the carrot cake in front of her. She takes her spoon and takes a small piece of it, happily eating it. "Oh my gosh, João, you have to try!"

She holds up the spoon with a piece of the cake with frosting on it. João looks at the spoon and back at her. She looked so excited about the cake so he gives in. She held in close to his lips and he takes a small bite from it.

He slowly chews it before realizing it was pretty decent. "Hey, not that bad actually. It's pretty good."

"Told you so, Jo." She happily smiles as she takes another bite from the carrot cake. He smiles back at the nickname. He takes his 'burnt' cheesecake and holds up a spoonful for her.

"Now try this."

"But it's burnt?"

"It's good, trust me."

Luzia takes a deep breath of encouragement as João places his finger under her chin. With his other hand, he holds the spoonful close to her lips. She takes a bite of it, ignoring how heated up she felt.

Her eyes lit up as she continues to chew on the cheesecake. She lets out a content hum. "It's actually really good. Jo, you have some good taste."

"Told you to trust me."

"Good thing I did." She softly smiles at him before grabbing her iced americano.

"Hey, Luz?"

She lets out a hum in reply and looks up at him after setting down her coffee. "What's up, Jo?"

A cheeky smile appears on João's lips as he leans in close. He rests his elbows on his knees and rests his cheeks on his fists. Luzia raises her eyebrow and quickly copies his actions. "Go on a date with me."

Her eyes widened at his proposal. She couldn't help but let out a giggle. She quickly stops and covers her smiling lips with her hands. "Of course- I mean- yes. Yeah! I want- I'll go on a date with you." She uses her other hand to cover the rest of her blushing face, mentally cursing at herself for stuttering.

"Did I make you shy, linda?" João chuckles. He gently grabs her hands and pulls them down from her face "You weren't so shy when you posted those posts about me."

"Because it's easier to flirt online! Or else I'll turn like this!" Luzia exclaims quietly. She mentally curses herself again. She's bolder than usual whenever she's online. It was easier for her to talk since she could hide her blush and stutters behind a screen. It was more difficult with João in front of her.