16 - The twin scientists

Giyuu's pov:

Its summer now, I can feel it. The sweat trickling down my body and dropping onto the soil, the annoying sounds of cicadas singing and the insects that poked out from the soil, whrittering their bodies as they went on a search for food.

I had been here for 6 more months.

A tear rolled down my cheek and I bit my lip.

1 and a half years wasted in this stupid chamber because I'm too weak.

And I spent approximately a year alone with no one to talk to.

I sighed, my stomach was aching with hunger and my limbs felt like they were dislocated.

The summer heat was making me sweat like crazy and I desparately needed water, I felt like I was being baked alive in a furnace or something, its hot as heck in here. I hummed a simple tune to keep myself occupied, it was a song I used to sing with nee-san when I was younger. I remember the memories, I remembered her warmly hugging me on cold winter nights and her sharing soba noodles with me in the sultry summer. I remembered it all, those were really nice memories and I cherished all of them.

The door groaned opened.

"Kocho?" I asked, relief filled me when I realised she had came back for me. I was happy I had someone to finally talk to, of course I'm not a masochist and I disliked pain but the have someone to talk to is better than sitting, or chained up, in this cold room alone.

"Kocho?" I asked again.

She didn't reply.

Eh? This was weird.

She would usually reply when I call out to her, but she didn't and..

Her footsteps sounded different.

"Kocho?" I asked the last time. I heard someone snickering and it sounded like a male.

Shit, who was this?

If this was a stranger, I might be saved. But is this was someone or something with malicious intentions..... I cursed under my breath as I feared for the worst case scenario. I couldn't see and my limbs were bounded, making me vulnerable to this person or creature that has entered this chamber.

How was it possible?

Kocho mentioned that only the hashiras and masters know about this place.

Did someone accidentally stumble into this room?

Or did they come with intentions?

I heard a soft clank of metal and my ears perked up.

"Who are you?" I growled, trying my best to sound as intimidating as possible.

"Someone~" the male replied, laughing freakily in a whistle-like voice. I felt a needle penetrating my arm and I struggled, trying my best to use whatever possible methods to try and attack the man but it was futile. I could feel something being injected into me and I panicked.