26 - Coma

3rd person pov:

The ravenette opened his eyes and saw a boy standing infront of him. He had a scar on his cheek and his curly hair was a bright orange. His eyes were a greyish blue which held melachony and pity whereas tears flowed out of his eyes while he stare at the ravenette. He was cladded in a white haori with a green-and-yellow cubed patterned yukata, a fox mask hanging from his neck and a sword strapped to his side.

"Rest, tomioka" he said, pushing the ravenette into a void that was behind him. He smiled sadly at the latter, a tear slipping down his cheek as he watched the void swallow the ravenette.

"You've done enough, giyuu" he whispered, turning back to two females and walking into the darkness that shrouded them.

...

The insect hashira frowned when she observed the ravenette's condition. She was partially worried about the ravenette who looked dead but was still somehow miraculously alive with a weak heart beat. The makeshift parts of his lacking limbs were crumbling, disintegrating into atoms which left the hashira perplexed. She held up a small blade that was made of the same material as her nichirin blade, angling it carefully to his mouth before cutting the strings. The wires were easy to cut through, but it was troublesome to clean up the blood that overflowed out of the ravenette's mouth.

"What happened to you..?" She muttered to herself as she examined the ravenette's ears which were also sewn shut. She severed the strings and shrieked when she saw a centipede crawling out of his ear canal, wiggling weakly in the air before falling onto the floor dead. She picked up the centipede and gagged at the idea of having it squirm around in her ear. Her eyes shifted the ravenette's left ear.

There couldn't possible be another.. right?

She held her breath and severed the strings again, eyes widening as she saw another centipede pathetically wiggling out of his ear. She rushed out of the room, gagging and throwing up in a nearby toilet.

It was disgusting, it was creepy, it was jittery and nerve wreaking to have centipedes in your ear. To hear the constant scattering every second of the day whilst not being able to shut the noise out was horrible, it was terrifying to have to go through that. The culprit must have been a sicko to be able to commit such an atrocious act, an absolute madman to make someone suffer that kind of mental torture.

She wiped the bile off her mouth and washed her face, shuddering as she imagined the terrifying sound right in her ear drum. She walked back to the medical room, taking a deep breath before shutting the door and continuing the operation.

...

Shinobu wiped the sweat off her forehead, sighing as she sunk into the seat that was beside the cot. She looked the time, noting that the operation had took a grueling 3 hours to complete. The ravenette lied peacefully on the bed, face wrapped in bandages that was soaked in an antiseptic to prevent the stitches from getting infected. The female stared at the patient, wondering what on earth had happened to him in the span of two years.

The hybrid looked malnourish - his hair was dry and his skin was cracked, body figure too thin for its own good and multiple infected cuts littered his body. He looked liked he had been tortured which was unusual considering he was supposed to be chained up in the chamber. She knew she hadn't done such cruel things to the ravenette, she wouldn't torture another creature to such an extreme extent that worry clouded her mind.