Swiftie

"Yeah, K-pop fans scare me. They memorise entire songs just the syllables!" Lan Yuan exclaimed.

"I know! And they don't even know what they're saying! Anyways... you know who really scares me?" Jinyi whispered in a conspiratorial tone.

"Swifties!" Lan Yuan could feel his face heating up.

"No... you?" Jinyi choked. Lan Yuan hastily shook his head.

"Not me. A-die." he choked out.

"Your A-die what...?" The words did not compute.

"My dad listens to Taylor Swift." Lan Yuan groaned. Jinyi stared for a moment... and then burst out laughing.

"That's funny A-Yuan!" Lan Yuan slumped further in his seat, wishing he could hide. Well, the best he could do was hide his face behind his hands.

"No. My dad is a Swiftie," came the muffled explanation. Jinyi paled.

"Your dad. The Lawyer. No way! He's the scariest person I've ever met and you expect me to believe he listens to Taylor Swift." Lan Yuan nodded. Jinyi gave him a suspicious look. Lan Yuan sighed. Desperate times called for desperate measures.

"A-Die!" He called. He heard a little shuffling, and then his dad entered the room.

"Hm?" There were headphones around his neck. Score!

"What are you listening to?"

"Taylor Swift." Lan Zhan responded without a hint of irony. Jinyi paled further and Lan Yuan couldn't hold back a triumphant smile.

"Oh, which one?" Luckily his dad understood.

"Her new album." Yup. His dad was a Swiftie alright.