CHAPTER 2: THE WATER RUNS DRY

We can't believe what we witnessed. We are all shocked and waiting for what will happen after the blast. Now we are all quiet and wondering what happened. Because it happened so fast, we expected only some of what we saw, but I know there is more, and it is just the start. We looked at each other and then looked back at the dried ocean. We slowly walk back to the sanctuary to check what happened, hoping everything is fine inside our heads.

"Oh no," The old woman said, and I guess she is around eighty-five. She covered her mouth because she couldn't believe what she saw like us. I saw her sign of the cross while looking shocked at the dried seawater.

Is this the punishment that the crazy man is telling? I can't believe it. How did the seawater get dry? The plane that crashed turned into pieces; I am sure no one survived that kind of crash. The staff checked the crashed airplane, hoping to find a survivor, but one of them made a sign and let the other know that no one survived. It is impossible if someone survives because the plane crashes into pieces, which creates a fire.

"What is going on?" I asked myself while my knees were shaking.

I can see the corals, fishes, and other sea creatures freely. We don't need to dive to see them because they are flopping, and we can barely see them now. They are flopping like they are about to die because their habitat is gone. I saw a group of fishermen run to the dried seawater with their baskets, and they gathered fish, shells, and even seaweeds that they could sell to eat. They look so excited. What happened may be a blessing in disguise for them, but for me. I felt something strange and dead. I looked up, and I saw the circle thing still there. It can cover the whole earth. What happened is not just here but for the entire world. After an hour of wondering, the marine biologists and some government officials, scientists, and police arrived to check what had happened.

"Nano ini?" The marine biologist asked with amazement. She is wondering what this is because she can't believe what she saw.

"This can not be," One of them said. Yes, this can not be. We all can not believe it, not just the older woman. I saw the older man open a soft drink can and drink it. The soft drink didn't go up, but the marine biologist opened her water bottle. The water inside her bottle slowly went up like a dust devil. She watched it until there was no water left for her to drink. I saw her jaw drop. I know she can't believe what she saw in the sky because that big cone is unexplainable. It might be an alien invasion, but what would the alien do with the water? It is not terrorism. No country can do that, no matter how rich they are. God's wrath is the only reason I can see why this is happening. Is this the second coming of the son of God? First, the pandemic killed many. The war between the two countries is happening now in Europe, and the drought is also mentioned in the revelation. As of Jeremiah 14:1-12. The drought will come, and all the living things on earth, including humans, will suffer and be punished by the thirst for water. To remind us that our knowledge is limited and the one above is not.

"Guys!" The young man catches our attention. He is holding his phone, and he wants to show us something.

"WATCH THIS," He said, facing his phone screen at us. The screen is small for us, but the speaker he holds is enough to hear what is told in the headlines. The news is about the cone that sucks water in different parts of the world. Manila bay is already dry. The Cagayan River, the Pacific Ocean, the Atlantic Ocean, and all the waters in the world except for those sealed once it's open. The water would go up to.

The older woman makes a sign of the cross again. "Oh please, Lord, have mercy on us, kaawan mo kami," She said.

"What is going on?" The girl asked, and I felt fear in all of us.

"Stay calm," The police said and looked at us.

"Our experts are already here. They will examine and observe what happened. Soon. We will get the answer," He added, and he looked at the woman marine biologist, but the biologist didn't say a word.