5 ||

The three of you plus the man who calls himself Larry and his kid Nicky run to the museum foyer. You don't exactly know what's going to happen when you get there - but you definitely don't expect a heart-to-heart with a Hun, a pep rally for all characters of human history, and for Larry to be forced to point out to the South that slavery is indeed bad. You thought that you wouldn't have to do all that again!

"Let's do this!" Larry shouts from your high position of the balcony, and groups split off here and there to find the corrupt nightguards. You begin to follow the mammals, kinda hoping there's a camel there that you could ride, when a hand lands on your shoulder and you look back. Rick stands there, shifting uncomfortably.

You cross your arms. "Yes?"
His eyes look to the heavens as if for guidance, and then he speaks. "Look, I didn't wanna say it in the sarcophagus cuz Ahkmenrah was always there, and I didn't get a chance to say it while we were making tiny plastic models of Romans and cowboys work together... but..."
A smirk pops up on your face; you can't wait to hear the end of this sentence. "But?"

His eyes roll again, more sarcastic this time. "Don't rush me, Y/N, I'm a very bad conversationalist."
"No you're not," you scoff. "You never shut up for a second in that coffin."
"You know what I mean!" he says petulantly. He hops from one foot to the next, the words clearly burning his throat.
Your smirk turns into a smile. "Just come out with it."

Rick sighs with a grin on his face as he scratches his eyebrow, then looks up at you and says, "Y/N, I think that after all this time together... Well shit, I've fallen in love with you."

Your smile morphs into a grin, mimicking his own. "Well, shit too, O'Connell," you reply, trying in vain to keep the sweet desperation out of your voice, "cuz I think I've gone and done the exact same thing."

"Really?"
You uncross your arms just to throw them in the air. "Well what did you think would happen? The only other man I've seen for decades is a mummy - albeit quite a pretty one. But no, Rick, you're the one that managed to pull the wild cowboy."

He slowly steps towards you, his leather boots creaking like saloon doors. When he reaches you, he reaches out a hand and pulls a strand of your hair, winding it through his fingers. The expression on his face is soft, admiring, and quite frankly a very hot look for him. Who knew this man had so many facades?

He licks his dry lips, still smiling. "So, now that we know this information... What do we do for the rest of our nights?"
You pretend to think, rolling your eyes to the ceiling then back to his lovely face. "Well first of all, I think we should find other real estate because, although our roommate is cool and all, he kind of kills the atmosphere."

He chuckles quietly, a low hum radiating from his chest. "How about hiding behind the jackals?" he leans forward and whispers in your ear. The warmth of his mouth makes you tingle inside, and you can't resist snickering.
"We could find a new hiding spot each night," you offer, craning your neck to see his gleeful reaction.

"That's a good idea, Y/N," he answers, and slowly he leans down to your lips. Hungry for his kiss, you lean in and-

"Hey, guys!"
You and Rick break your embrace to look through the hallway at Larry, holding the kid from your burial years ago, but he's much older than the last time you saw him. He wears a white head of hair, sports wrinkles everywhere, and dons a grimace to being collared by Larry.

The night guard who unboxed you shouts down to you, with a slightly annoyed voice, "Where were you? We already caught him!"

You and O'Connell look at each other, exchanging surprised looks. How long were you two flirting?