Chapter 4

A/N- Okay, since the city is fictional so school system here will be on my convenience. Happy Reading😊

I gulped taking a step back and tried to close the door when a hand reached out to stop me from doing so.

I looked afraid at the hand that was blocking the door and then with a shuddered breath, up at the man it belonged to.

Dante.

My third eldest brother. The one who had tried to kill me on the first night I had been here.

He stared back at me with dull blue eyes, that had featured in my nightmares, wearing a black faded hoodie and sweatpants. His hairs were military cut and there were bags under his eyes. He was tall, maybe Valentino's height and looked quite pale and skinny. A quite contrast to the pictures of him I had seen online (though those pictures were more than two years old I guess).

He looked frail. Like a wind could blow him over.

Yet he had more strength than me because I couldn't close the door that he was blocking with a single hand.

I needed to hit Jym.

"I am not here to hurt you." Dante stated. His voice was rough and hoarse.

I didn't say anything. He didn't look as scary as he did that night. Still, everything in me were frozen in fright at his sight.

What could I do? I couldn't close the door and there were no way to escape otherwise. I could scream but wouldn't it be a little extreme considering he was just standing there?

Be brave, Ellena. If you could handle creepy Cole then this is just Dante. He had only just choked you a little. Once.

Repeating the words in my head I took a breath, squared my shoulder, hid my shaking hands behind my back and then said, "I have been told to stay away from you." I mentally patted myself for not sounding as scared as I was feeling.

"I know." Dante said and then just stood there. I waited for him to either go or say something. When five minutes (yes, I counted) passed and he just stayed quiet, oozing an aura of innocence and guilty simultaneously (fucking weird combo, I know), I got fed up.

The dude came to my room after almost killing me once, scared the hell out of me (my breathing pattern was still irregular) and now had a gal to just be standing there looking like a fucking kicked puppy. How rude and insensitive!

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"You should not have been here." Dante said at last.

"This is my room." I stated the obvious.

"You shouldn't be in this house. In this city. Anywhere near us." Dante clarified.

Ouch! Direct hit.

"Father said I could stay." I answered instead of saying all the offending things my mind produced at his words. I was proud to state that I had some self- preservation still left.

Dante scoffed. He made a movement with his hand and I automatically flinched. Dante froze and so did I. So much for appearing unfazed.

Dante dropped his hand which now I thought was not raised to hurt me. It was embarassing but could anyone blame me? I still had scars on my neck.

As if hearing my thoughts, Dante's eyes shifted to my neck where the scars were visible. His dull eyes flashed with guilt.

"I never thought I would hurt Lia's daughter." Dante said with a miserable laugh. He looked at me, "If you stay away from me then I couldn't hurt you again."