Chapter 6

A/N- So, I don't have an updating schedule rn. I am quite busy with my rl to give an exact schedule so sorry about that😟. I will try to be more regular with my updates, I hope.🤞

T.W- Offensive language, Panic attack from "I stumbled as I walked..." to "...I was so tired."

Happy Reading!😊

"I met Angelo Conti." I declared to my friends at lunch as I took a seat beside Ethan. I was frustrated with the fact that after Dad told me to stay away from Contis I had to meet one- who was that handsome. It was unfair. There was no way I was going to tell anybody with the surname King about the encounter and I wanted to voice out my frustrations. So, then came my new friends. 

"You met Angelo?" Emma asked, eyes wide. She sat with Mark on one side and Enzo on other, opposite me. Enzo had one arm wrapped around her as she leaned against his chest. They were one beautiful couple, I must say.

"Also, my bodyguard can speak." I announced. She hadn't spoken a word after that though and a part of me was really thinking that I had made it up. Well, it wasn't my say in when or if my bodyguard should speak and I guess demanding her to speak if she wasn't comfortable or preferred not to would be wrong. Yet I was allowed to be suprised and shocked about it considering that I hadn't thought it was a possibility until today.

Ethan shared my suprise and shock. Obviously. "Miss bodyguard can speak?" Ethan asked, voice pitched high in confusion and excitement. His loud question was more directed at the lady in question sitting on the table behind us than me. As usual my bodyguard ignored him.

"Angelo was very handsome." I said with a hint of my frustration, "and he is a Conti." Both Emma and Mark nodded in agreement with my statement like they understood. This was what I needed.

"I am more handsome." Enzo said (read whined) to Emma who just patted his bicep and instead looked at me as she asked, "was he hostile to you?"

I shook my head, "I doubt he knew me." I took a bite of the muffin (which looked best among the assortment of food) from my lunch plate and then made a face. Maybe I should ask Miss Sophia to pack me lunch? Cafeteria foods were stale even though this school was the most expensive one in the city. Or I might have been spoiled by Miss. Sophia's cooking. (On a side note- I used my black card to buy the lunch. It was a fun experience. Also, sad because I do not think black cards should be used to buy school cafeteria lunch? Kinda sounds cheap. Though what did I know? Maybe rich people did that.)

"Are you sure?" Mark said and then he turned to Emma, "Was Angelo there at the orientation?"

Emma's pretty face pinched in concentration before she shook her head, "I don't remember seeing him."

"What orientation?" I asked.

"The one about you." Emma answered as Ethan left our table to join my bodyguard. (A fleeting part of me wondered if I should save my bodyguard from Ethan's one-sided talking then decided against it. I was sure that my bodyguard had pretty good control on herself to not shoot the lover boy. I hope.)

"About me?" I asked instead looking at the others confused.

"Yeah." Mark answered.

"I don't remember attending any orientation." I said.

"No you weren't there." Emma agreed, "but I thought you knew about it. I mean haven't you wondered?"

"Wonder what?" I had no idea what she was talking about.

"Oh!" Mark clicked his fingers, "I get it. This is another information that is obvious to us but you have no clue."

"Like the Contis?" Enzo questioned.