Chapter 7

"Sorellina?" Daniele broke the silence between us. I didn't know how much long we were sitting there but it must have been some time. My hands weren't shaking anymore and my heartbeat was steady. I was exhausted but I didn't feel that one touch would made me fall off a cliff.

I lifted my head to look up at Daniele. He was still there sitting silently and looking unruffled.

"Isn't the floor uncomfortable?" He asked. Daniele's question made me suddenly aware the hardness of the floor I was sitting on. It had made my butt cold. It was very uncomfortable.

I nodded in agreement.

"Then should we go to your room?"

I again nodded.

"Do you need help getting up?" Daniele asked and that's when I realised that I hadn't made any attempt to get up. I shook my head.

With the help of the wall I got up until I stood up. Though my legs had gotten numb and didn't felt strong enough to hold my weight right now. What a traitor!

"Ellena?"

"Fine." I said as I tried to walk forward but my leg had lost all its feeling.

"Get on my back." Daniele said suddenly as he crouched in front of me.

"What?" I was taken aback.

"Let me carry you." Daniele said sounding his usual calm. I looked at Daniele's back and then my eyes darted around and found Dante, who for some reason was still there. What the fuck! I hadn't even noticed him.

Dante saw me looking at him, shrugged and then without a word turned and left.

I stared at the place where he left for a second and then shook my head.

All my brothers were something else, weren't they?

"Come on, get on." Daniele said. There was no hurry in his voice.

I weighted my option.

As much it would be embarassing for me to be piggybacked to my room, I don't think I had the energy to walk to my room. Or that my legs would be that supporting. I could just stand here and wait for my legs to cooperate but it didn't look like Daniele would agree to it. This wasn't my first panic attack but for some reason this one took a lot out of me. I really wanted my bed right now.

"Okay." I said as I leaned over Daniele's broad back and crossed my arm over his chest. Daniele easily stood up taking my weight as I hooked both my legs around his waist. I hid my face in his shoulder. Yeah it was embarassing.

"Am I not heavy?" I murmured as Daniele started walking. I weighed 110 pounds but Daniele didn't even stagger under my weight.

"I have carried your brothers. Compared to them you are very light." Daniele said and then added, "I should ask Miss. Sophia to look into your diet." with a contemplative voice.

"I am not too light." I answered. I didn't know if I should feel offended by this conversation or not. So, I choose to stay silent as Daniele carried me all the way to my room and my bed. Then, because this wasn't embarassing enough, Daniele- against all my protest- also tucked me in the bed.

"Take a nap." Daniele ordered, "Then we will talk." With those omnious words, Daniele left me alone.

Of course I was too exhausted to go against Daniele order even though I knew that my sleep would be too restless after the breakdown I just had.

I didn't fight as sleep took over me even if I knew it wouldn't be peaceful.

It wasn't.

My nightmares were tinted red with all the scenes and voices from that night blurred together. They played non-stop putting me in a restless sleep until at last I was startled awake.