chapter III

"My lady, we have arrived." A deep voice awakened the sleeping girl.

The elven girl slowly opens her eyes, an instant pain shooting over her body.

She quickly realizes the prince is waiting for her and clears her throat,

"My apologies for falling asleep like that, prince Yongbok." She apologized, feeling a bit embarrassed since the prince caught her in a pretty vulnerable state.

"Don't worry, I am surprised you hadn't fallen asleep earlier." He giggled, taking Nienna's hand and helping her out.

"My lord, shouldn't I be the one escorting you out of the carriage?" Nienna asked in confusion, feeling redness creeping on her face.

"Oh don't even. You saved my life three times today, I don't know how to repay you." He smiled.

"It was no big deal. Anyone would've done it." The girl tries defending, not taking the compliment.

Suddenly, the prince stopped them both, taking Nienna's hand in his own.

"Nienna, not many people are so courageous to jump on top of a carriage and then throw themselves off it just to save someone's life. You're amazing." He looked into her eyes and smiled warmly, bowing a bit to show his gratefulness.

The moon was now up. The moonlight shined brightly and Nienna could finally see the prince's beautiful facial features. His blonde long hair, coming down all to his waist, the brown freckles kissing his entire face, his heart-shaped pink lips, everything. He looked like a real prince.

"Thank you, my dear lord. I don't know what to say. Your kindness amazes me." She said quietly, smiling and bowing in respect.

"Of course. Shall we go inside now?" He asked the elven girl.

"As you wish, my prince."

Suddenly, the castle finally came into sight, and Nienna almost fainted.

Ginormous trees surrounded the beautiful building, laying on top of the water. There was a tiny waterfall in the middle, creating a little cloud. The whole castle wasn't even in sight of how big it was. The architecture was showing more and more as they walked closer. The details made by the forest elves were popping. The castle was mostly blueish and purplish, a tint of green following them. It was majestic and Nienna couldn't take her eyes off the beautiful building.

"Is this your first time visiting the castle?" Yongbok asked while smiling.

"Yes, my lord. This is so... dazzling. How long did it take to build all of this?" She asked in shock as they continued walking toward the main door.

"It took precisely 2457 years. I agree, the castle is beautiful." He said happily.

After a few minutes of walking, they shortly came to the main doors which swiftly opened and revealed their true beauty.

As they walked inside, more green was seen. Trees and plants the girl has never seen before were surrounding every bit of the space. A pack of glowing butterflies fled next to them, one of them landing in Nienna's hair.

"This is..." Nienna couldn't find the right words to describe this paradise.

"Majestic. Nature is beautiful, no one compares to her. She made us all, and yet we're the ones to destroy her." He tuned his voice down a bit and looked at the butterfly in Nienna's hand.

The elven continued walking as the butterfly finally flew away. There were so many unique creatures running around she couldn't keep track. It was all so charming and nice to look at.