Chapter 9- Something So Unexpected

Word count: ~2.0k words

It's been a bit since the last upload, but here I am with it finally!!! Chapter a little short compared to normal, but i think this will be enjoyed anyway!

warnings: none? i think?

"So where are you two going?" Keefe as Sophie brushed her hair, preparing for her shopping trip with Biana.

"Are you inviting yourself along?" Sophie asked as she watched them use some of their newly bought hair products. "Why is this even in my room."

They turned to her with a grin. "Dunno. Good mirror, I guess." They turned back to the mirror they were both standing in front of and gave it a wink.

She rolled her eyes, ignoring the odd yet pleasant feeling that was the familiarity of having Keefe invade her personal space. "If you're coming with, bring some money."

"What for?"

"Fitz's birthday is soon. We're just gonna go buy some gifts."

"Ooh, cool."

"Biana'll probably ask about yours."

"Nothing a little secretive-ness can't fix. Worst case scenario I, be annoying and just make her guess."

"Sounds like something you'd do."

"What's that supposed to—Foster get back here!"

•~•~•~•~•~•

"Soo," Biana began as they started walking through a large shopping mall, "Keefe, when's your birthday?"

They grinned, stretching casually as they walked. "Why don't you guess?"

She rolled her eyes. "Really? Fine, February fifth? Am I close or way off?"

Sophie caught the flash of a startled look on their face, as if they didn't expect Biana to actually guess. Well, they'd deal with it.

"I dunno, you tell me."

She groaned. "Ugh, I do think your birthday isn't until next year—"

"They happen every year???"

"Keefe I will strangle you," Biana warned, dragging them into a clothes shop. Sophie laughed to herself, because she was surely about to drown them in clothes. It wasn't the goal of the trip, but it was to be expected of a shopping trip with Biana.

Sophie didn't enter with them, because she'd thought of a good idea for FItz's gift. During one of their hangouts, late in the night, too tired to do anything but not enough to sleep, they laid curled up on the beanbag couches at his place. He was scrolling through some website on his phone and she'd turned to sneak a few glances at him—it wasn't her fault the lighting was really nice in the room!—and found him on some online shop looking at rings. That was about a month ago, and considering she hadn't seen him wear any rings, she could assume that he hadn't bought any.

As she entered the first jewellery store, she briefly lamented the prices. They weren't that bad, and she was paid well in the flowershop, but she'd always been one to save money. Not like buying Fitz a nice birthday gift would be a waste of money; plus he'd bought more expensive stuff for her in the past.

She peered closer at one of the rings, finding it to be really interesting looking. There were three that intertwined into one; gold, silver, and rose. They all had a matching floral engraving around it.

"It can be worn as one ring, but they can also be taken apart," the jeweller explained. "You want to hold it?"

"Uh, sure," she replied.