human heating pad

"I don't wanna get up," you whined, pulling the blankets on your bed up, clutching them to your chest.

Hearing your groans, Steve popped his head out of the bathroom, hands still in his hair as he attempted to get it into place, "What's wrong, babe?"

"Don't feel good," you huffed, pushing your bottom lip out into a pout to emphasize your point, "Cramps."

Steve gave you a sympathetic frown, holding a finger up to signal that he'd be right back before ducking back into the bathroom. He reappeared a moment later and crawled back into bed with you, knees pressing into the mattress on either side of your hips. Leaning down, he pressed a soft kiss to your temple, "Let's stay home, then." You had been planning on a night out with the older group of friends, and Steve had already started getting ready.

"We can't not go, Stevie-"

"No, I'm serious," Steve cut you off, soft kisses scattered across the side of your face, "You always say how bad your cramps are; you deserve to take care of yourself. I'll call Robin to let her know, and we can stay in."

"I don't know..." you replied, uncertain. You hated canceling on friends, especially last minute.

"C'mon," he murmured, bringing a hand up to brush over your hair. The pad of his thumb rubbed gently against your temple, "We'll stay in bed all night and watch movies, and we can order whatever you want for dinner. Whaddya think?"

Pursing your lips, you finally nodded. Honestly, you weren't ever going to say no to Steve. And he was making the first day of your period sound almost bearable. "And you'll cuddle with me all night?"

Steve scoffed, rolling his eyes playfully, "Obviously, baby. I'll go call Robin and tell her you're not feeling well. You get comfy." He left a small kiss on the tip of your nose before getting out of bed again, making his way down the hall to the phone.

You couldn't hear much of what he was saying into the phone, and settled back into the pillows beneath you, not-so-patiently waiting for your boyfriend's return. Just being in his bed helped soothe the ache in your abdomen. Everything smelled like him, and the bed was still warm from where he'd been next to you all afternoon on your lazy day. The only thing that would be better is if you were wrapped up in his arms.

He returned a few minutes later, a glass of water and some medicine in hand for you, just in case. Placing it on your nightstand, Steve got back in bed next to you, wiggling his way underneath the covers. You scooted closer to him and let out a soft sigh, "I'm sorry we had to cancel... Were they mad?"

"Of course not," Steve frowned, one arm sliding over your shoulder to pull you in, lips pressing to your temple, "Robin just said she hoped you felt better soon. And don't apologize, baby. We'll reschedule for a day next week, yeah? Would rather go out when you can enjoy it, too."

Sighing again, you nodded, cheek pressed into Steve's chest, "Yeah, okay. Thanks for calling, baby." Your hand slid across Steve's torso, tucking around his side as you nuzzled into him. He was warm under your touch and you slipped your hand underneath the hem of his shirt, searching for his soft skin. Steve shivered as your fingers grazed his skin, pulling a soft laugh and another apology out of you, a light kiss to his jaw.

"Would rather be here with you all night, anyway," Steve added, pressing a soft kiss to your hair. "Do you want a heating pad, babe?"

You shook your head quickly, eyebrows furrowing together, "No! Don't want you to get up. Can you be my heating pad?"

Steve let out a quiet laugh, but agreed immediately, tapping on your hip, "Sure, babe. C'mon, little spoon. Turn over."

"You're the best," you mumbled as you pecked his lips gently and turned over in his arms. They circled around your waist and pulled your back into his chest. His body curved around yours, the warmth of his abdomen soothing the dull ache in your back.

"Better?" he asked, breath warm against your neck, lips ghosting over your skin.

Without replying, you reached behind you in search of Steve's hand. You found his wrist and tugged at it gently until his palm was against your stomach. He let out a quiet laugh again, fingers searching for the hem of your shirt and slipping underneath it so he was resting his hand against your skin. Relaxing into his touch, you finally agreed, "Much better."

Steve's fingers splayed out over your skin and pressed lightly, an attempt to massage the aches away. When you'd first started dating Steve, you were surprised by how much he didn't care about your period, and how supportive he was, especially when it came to taking care of yourself. He always did his best to take care of you, whether that meant running to the store to get the things you needed (and usually coming home with a plethora of snacks he knew would cheer you up), or being your human heating pad. He'd wait on you hand and foot if you let him.

The further the sun sank into the sky, the further you sank into bed, and into Steve's touch. There was a movie playing on the TV, but you'd long forgotten it, too distracted by Steve's warmth and his soft voice at your ear. It was only when your stomach grumbled loudly that you realized how late it'd gotten. You giggled quietly, finally turning back over in Steve's grasp, "Are you hungry? 'Cause I am."

"I heard," Steve giggled with you, rubbing the tip of his nose against yours now that you were facing him, "Whaddya want? We'll get it delivered."

You only complained slightly when he got out of bed to call the restaurant, grabbing at his hand as he rolled out of bed, "You'll come right back?"

"Do you want food or not?" he retorted, his free hand on his hip as he looked at you with a mock-disapproving stare.

"Yeah, but want you more. So come back quick, please."

"You know I will, honey."

You did know that, and yet, you dragged yourself out of bed, blanket cloak and all, to follow him downstairs. You knew Steve wouldn't mind, but you don't want to eat in his bed, and you were sure that if he joined you in bed again, the two of you would never get up again. When he saw you shuffling down the stairs, he gave you a confused look, but you ignored him and flopped onto the couch.

Hanging the phone back up on the wall after ordering, Steve made his way over to you and crouched down, an amused smile on his face, "I said I'd be right back, silly."

"I know," you smiled, shifting onto your back and tugging at his arm, "We can eat down here. You can still cuddle with me 'til the food gets here. C'mere." With that, you tugged a bit harder until Steve all but fell into you.

"Babe!" Steve laughed, trying to hold himself up over you, "I'm gonna crush you!"

"That's the point, Stevie. You're like my very own heated, weighted blanket," you replied, pulling at his shoulders until his body was pressed to yours.

Steve finally gave in and laid against you, his cheek pressing into your shoulder as he grumbled something along the lines of, "Only wanna cuddle for your own selfish needs. 'M just a human heating pad." He kissed the skin just beneath your collarbone once, and then twice, to let you know that he was only joking.

"You love it," you huffed, wrapping the ends of the blanket around Steve's shoulders to keep him close to you. Tilting your chin up, you pressed a soft kiss to his temple and mumbled, "And thank you for taking care of me."

He hummed quietly, his hand rubbing along your side gently, "You know I always will."