𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

{1316 𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔}

Ophelia walked into the café earlier than normal. The owner had called her in to talk to her. She was terrified to say the least. The entire previous night she was on the phone with Tanner telling him all the possible out comes of the day ahead. At some point she had brought up how when she started there (3 years ago) she had accidentally stolen a bagel and she though she would get fired because of that. Once she walked into the office and sat down in front of her boss she knew it wasn't a good news talk. "Ophelia, I'm telling you first because I figured since you've been here the longest, other than me, that you have a right to know first." They took a deep breath before speaking again. "The café isn't making enough money to stay in business. Unfortunately we have to close down and have to let you go." Ophelia was speechless. This was her comfort place, the place where she could come and her worries would wash away by one smell of all the pastries.

"When do we close down?" She asked trying not to cry.

"Friday. Your last day is Thursday and you can pick up your last paycheck the same day. I know what this place means to you, but I have to close. I'm loosing more than I'm making." The owner explained and Ophelia nodded. "You don't have to work today, just Tuesday and Thursday." He told her and she nodded before saying goodbye and walking to home. When she walked in Tanner was sat on her couch with Honey in his lap.

"How'd it go?" He asked but once he saw her face he set down the cat and stood up to hug her. She cried into his chest as he held her and rubbed her back.

"The café is closing down. It isn't making enough money to stay in business. It closes Friday." She said trying not to cry too hard. Tanner moved to the couch and she sat next to him. "I feel so stupid for crying over a dumb building."

"It's important to you. You have a lot of memories there and it's hard to let go of something when there's so much that comes with it."

"I'm sorry."

"What for?"

"I always cry to you about my problems. It feels like I'm leaning on you so much I might push you over." She looked down at her hands and picked at her nails.

"Baby look at me." He held both of her hands in his and she looked at him. "I want to help you with problems that cross your path. I'm here for you to lean on and help you. It may seem like I help you more than you help me, but you help me just as much. When you call me and I'm able to hear your voice my stress washes away. When you run your fingers through my hair it's pure bliss. I lean on you just as much as you lean on me." He said and Ophelia hugged him.

"Thank you." She mumbled into his shoulder. She sat there in his arms for a minute before thinking about what she would do next. How would she gain income? How was she supposed to pay her rent? How would she buy food? "What am I going to do now?" She pulled back.

"Haven't you saved up to buy a small shop? Cause you wanted to turn one into a bakery." He brought up and her eyes widened.

"Tanner you're a genius!" She said tackling him on to the couch and showering his face with kisses.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After looking at many locations and making her brand, Ophelia did it. She made her bakery. Well, she hadn't gotten the physical part of it other than the location. She still needed to buy equipment and some furniture for the place. But today she was doing a baking stream with Tanner to take away the stress of building your own business. "Hello chat! We are making...?"

"Strawberry crepes." Ophelia told him.

"Strawberry crepes! Ophelia made these once and I wish my roommates didn't eat them all because Yumi looked like he enjoyed them." He moped.

"I guess we found the con of you having a baker girlfriend, you gotta get the pastries before your friends." She patted his back and they began making the food. Majority of the stream Tanner goofed off, showing how strong he was by mixing the ingredients together with a lot of intensity. Once they put the batter on the pan and the edges started to get crispy Ophelia took the crepes off and put them onto a plate. They repeated this until there was no more batter. As Ophelia was filling the inside of the crepes with the cream cheese and strawberries, Tanner secretly got the flour back out. She decorated them before showing them to the camera.

"They're so pretty!" Tanner said looking at the six crepes.

"Thank you." Ophelia smiled as she set the plate down and turned to Tanner. Once she faced him he threw a handful of flour in her face. "I'm gonna kill you." She said flour spewing from her mouth as she spoke. She quickly also grabbed a handful and threw it at Tanner as he laughed at her. He stopped laughing. He ended stream as she wiped off the flour on her face and some on the counter. Once she did that and the stream was over she hopped on her counter and had Tanner stand between her legs so she could wipe it off his face. As she wiped off his face he noticed all her little facial expressions. Her nose would sometimes scrunch when the flour was harder to get off. Her tongue would poke out of her mouth as she focused. But he mainly stared at her eyes. Her chocolate colored eyes that would scan his face as she looked for any small spots of flour. Once she was done she put down the paper towel and looked back to Tanner who just stared in admiration. "What?" She laughed.

"I love you." He said and she started at him. His eyes widened in realization as to what he just said. Ophelia sat there frozen in her spot. Last time she heard those words was from her ex two weeks before they cheated. "I, uh, shit. I didn't mean to say that too early. Is it too early? You don't have to say it back if you're not ready I understand." He said as he started to back away from standing in between her legs. She pulled him back to her.

"These past six months have been the best months of my life. You've made feel so much happier and feel so loved. Every second I spend with you is pure bliss. I love it when you make me feel safe just by being around. I love it when you hug me and it's like I'm wrapped in the most comfortable blanket in the world. I love it how all you have to do is hold me and my worries can wash away. I love your way with words and how you use them to make me feel better. I love how you're always able to make me laugh no matter the circumstance. I love you too." She explained smiling the whole time. He pulled her into a kiss. He packed it full of emotion all the ones he felt when he saw her. She packed it full of the love she felt in her heart when she was around him. They pulled away and smiled at each other. He picked her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist. He walked to his room and collapsed in his bed holding her close to him.