𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

{1145 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔}

Yes ik the Japan vlogs were the same time as this video, but they were published at different times so we gonna roll with it Ight?
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧        .·:·.*═══╝

"C'mon it's just a few days in Japan, again." Tanner tried to persuade Ophelia as she rushed around her office doing paperwork.

"I can't baby, I'm sorry. I'm swamped." It had been two months since the whole Nicole situation and somehow Ophelia's bakery seemed to sky rocket even more.

"You need a break though. Just a few days, hell, you can fly back halfway through the trip." He said, he'd been talking to her about this for about half an hour now. She was stressed out of her mind and a break seemed very needed, but she can't just walk away from tons of orders, paperwork, and her bakery that she had dreamed of having since she was sixteen when she realized how much she loved baking.

"Tanner. I can't. There is no fucking way I can just walk away from all this. I need to be here or else everything I've done will be for nothing. You're lucky with your job to the point that you can clock in and out whenever you damn well please. I can't do that." She explained still running around trying to get shit done.

"You've taken breaks before. Why not this time?" He asked following her around but staying out of the way.

"BECAUSE IT IS MUCH LONGER THAN YOU THINK! THE FLIGHT THERE, BACK PLUS JET LAG I CAN'T DO IT! I AM SO FUCKING STRESSED THAT I CANT THINK STRAIGHT! I AM SO SLEEP DEPRIVED FROM ALL OF THIS I THOUGH MY TOOTHBRUSH WAS HONEY! GOING TO JAPAN WOULD ONLY MAKE IT WORSE BECAUSE THEN I WOULD HAVE MORE TO DO WHEN I GOT BACK!" She shouted at him. Only then did he notice the real toll this had taken on her. Her eyes had bags under them so large an airport would charge you extra for them. Her hair was so disheveled you could tell she hadn't touched a hair brush in weeks. Her eyes that held a spark of life in them had dulled. She had so much coffee her whole body was slightly shaking from the caffeine. Her acne (or stress acne as she called it) was bad, she could barely hide it with the makeup on her face. She looked like she could break at any second.

"Right. We're leaving tomorrow. I've got your ticket if you change your mind. I'll leave you to this. Text me if you need anything." He said not pushing the argument any further.

"If I need to I will." She turned back to the tasks at hand.

"Bye. I'll see you in two weeks."

"Bye. Text me when you land. I love you." He nodded before leaving. He didn't say it back.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Ophelia was stressed the rest of the week and her argument with Tanner didn't help. The Thursday after they left Ophelia collapsed onto her couch once she got home from another stressful day. She opened her phone to check her messages.

No new messages.

Tanner <3

Just got on the plane.

Hope you have fun.
Read

Landed in Japan.
Heading to the hotel.

Hope you landed in the right
Airport this time. 😂
Read

✧✧✧

He hadn't responded. Two days and no contact from him. "You okay?" Nicole walked into the apartment after coming back from another job interview.

"No. Tanner hasn't talked to me in two days. And we had an argument last we talked." Ophelia said holding in her tears. Nicole sat down next to her sister on the couch and placed her hand on her shoulder. "What if I scared him off? I yelled at him Nicole. I scared him off didn't I? I did. I'm so stupid. All he wanted to do was help me chill out and destress. I'm an idiot. So fucking stupid." The next five words that came out of Ophelias mouth made Nicole consider going to jail for murder. "Mom was right about me." Ophelia sobbed before hiding her face in her hands.

"No, no, no, no. I'm not letting you go down that rabbit hole. Mom was wrong. She's never right. You've made your own bakery slash café thing, whatever the hell it is. You did it. I'm sure you didn't scare Tanner off. He's probably busy or cooling off. He'll text you back, if he's smart enough he'll call you. Just take a deep breathe. Other than that why are you stressed because you were like this before Tanner left."

"Work. It all this stupid business shit. I didn't realize how much paperwork it is when you own a bakery, it's a shit ton. Then you throw on the special orders you need to bake and the foods you have to make everyday before opening. It's too much." Nicole laughed a bit. Ophelia just looked at her.

"You forgot what I was in college for, didn't you? I went for business. I can help you with all the paperwork shit." Ophelia's eyes widened at the idea. It would take a lot of stress off of her and her sister would be employed after two months of looking. It was a win-win.

After talking a bit more they decided that Ophelia would mainly focus on the baking part of owning a bakery and help out with paperwork whenever she could, whereas Nicole would do the business part of owning a bakery and in return she would become co-owner with Ophelia. Once that was sorted out Nicole went to her room to go change and go to bed. Ophelia was once again left with her thoughts. She couldn't stop thinking about Tanner and what had happened. She shouldn't have yelled. She felt terrible. She wouldn't be able to sleep, so a walk seemed like a nice idea.

"Nicole! I'm going for a walk! I'll be back later!" She said before hearing a faint 'okay' from the bathroom. She walked down the street, no where in mind. She somehow ended up at the old café. The building was still empty. No one had bought it. It was a bittersweet moment as she stared through the large glass windows. She could imagine all her favorite moments as if they were a movie and she was watching it in the movie theater. She could see herself taking Tanner's order when they met for the first time. Where she would sit and talk to him on her break. Where he would wait until her shift was over to hang out and walk her home. Where she met the love of her life. She cried as she continued her walk, still no destination in mind. She crossed the street not really paying attention and thinking no cars were coming until she heard honking.