wake up bitch he's back

synopsis: rollo is here to stay, much to the displeasure of the reader. this is just outlining rollo settling into ramshackle and having to live with the guilt of what he's done to mc and to their friends and to the rest of his school :D

a/n: i shat on crowley so much sry guys

"Prefect, Grim," says Trein, moving away from his desk. "I'd like for you to stay behind. I have something I'd like to talk to you about."

"Ooh, you're in trouble," says Ace in that annoying sing-song voice. You roll your eyes, shoving your books into your bag and slinging it over your shoulder and pulling a growling Grim away from the red-haired boy.

"Want us to wait for you?" asks Deuce, ever the gentleman.

"Thanks, but you guys can just get going. Don't worry about me!" you say, giving them a wave goodbye. Trein watches the two boys go, hands folded in front of him and waits for you to approach. There's something in the way he looks at you that makes you feel a little nervous.

"Um, can I as what you wanted to talk to us about?" you ask, giving Grim a glance.

"Yeah, we've been turning in our assignments on time, y'know!" says Grim, already on the defense.

"No, no, this isn't about your academic achievements. The two of you have been doing well," says Trein, unfolding and refolding his hands once again. He's holding back from telling you something—you can tell, because he won't make eye contact with you, which is something he's known for doing to unnerve students into listening to him.

"So...if it's not about our grades, is it about another...incident?" you ask, trying not to be crude.

Trein, confused, raises an eyebrow. "An incident?"

"A magical mishap. An overblot oopsie. Transformative transgressions. A wand shoved up someone's—"

"No, it's nothing along those lines," says Trein, closing his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose. "I'm still not sure why  you had to be the one to deal with all of those unfortunate overblots, but...never mind, that's a conversation to have with Crowley for later."

You and Grim share another look. After a second, Trein looks back at the two of you, looking very tired and not at all ready for whatever he had to tell you.

"Speaking of your headmaster, I think it would be wiser to talk to him, too. Come with me, please," he says, walking to the door and waiting for you and Grim to catch up.

"Hey, I'm gettin' kinda nervous here," says Grim, padding along next to you. "Are you sure we're not in trouble? We didn't even do anything!"

"To be honest, I'm not sure I should be the one to be talking to you about this. Dire Crowley was the one who made the decision to let this happen, but of course I'm the one who has to give you the news..." mumbles Trein, looking like a headache was already on the way.