malleus has joined the chat

synopsis: malleus finds out that rollo has joined ramshackle. he is absolutely not happy about any of it

There's a difference,  you think,  between bringing a housewarming gift and threatening someone.

Malleus knows this difference very, very well, which is why you know  that the letter tacked outside of Rollo's window doesn't have anything good written in it.

You'd taken it away before Rollo could read it; he doesn't need to worry about this right now, not when he's already got half of the school on his ass.

"What does it say?" demands Rollo for the umpteenth time, trying to reach around you to grab at the letter.

"Nothing, go away," you respond, slapping his hands whenever they get too close. "It's not for you."

"It was outside my  window," says Rollo with an exasperated huff. "It's obviously mine."

"Go preach somewhere else," you say, too distracted by reading the contents of the letter. "I'll take care of this."

Rollo huffs again but he leaves anyways, arms crossed. You'd much rather him be unhappy with you now than terrified later, which is what he's bound to be if he even gets a peek  at what Malleus has written down.

In short, the dragon fae has eloquently worded a simple phrase that would've had a much less terrifying effect but a more direct message: Fuck Off.

You're not even sure how  Malleus managed to climb all the way up to Rollo's window and tack the letter on without waking him up, but it's Malleus, so you don't think about it too hard.

You knew that he wouldn't take this well. You'd intended on pulling him aside to explain the situation, but he's tricky to find when he's not actively looking for you—for a guy with horns, he's surprisingly difficult to find at times. You're pretty sure that he's been avoiding you, too, even though you didn't have much say in the matter of Rollo being your new roommate.

You're glad that Lilia has so much influence over Malleus, and you also know that you owe the older fae one because he somehow got Malleus to meet up with you and  Rollo without pitching a big, magical fit about it.

Rollo would look more annoyed if Malleus wasn't sitting just a foot away from him on the couch inside of Ramshackle's common room, glaring heatedly at the gray-haired boy. Instead, he just keeps his eyes on the carpet, toying with his handkerchief, and doing his best to stay neutral while you sit in front of the both of them, splayed across a chair with your arms crossed.

"So. We need to talk," you say, eyeing both boys. You're glad that Grim isn't here because he'd just anger both boys one way or another, which is the last thing you need right now.

"We do," says Malleus, and for a second you think things will be easier than they seem, but he doesn't stop there. "Rollo needs to leave, and I'm on your side about it. I'll help you with whatever you need to ensure his departure."