rollo accidentally gets high

synopsis: rollo doesn't understand that accidents in crewel's classroom aren't as small in scale as accidents back in noble bell because the people in noble bell are much less stupid than those at NRC. he doesn't put on the mask fast enough and inhales weed-like gas. now he's high, emotional, and crewel doesn't know what to do with him. neither does the reader, but now it's their job to babysit him until he's back to normal

writing a mean sassy reader is the only thing i do anymore so be prepared for a lot of that

a/n: yea there's talk of smoking and shit in here. also crewel is like 32 and acts like it. no fucking way this man is as mature as y'all think he is. once again this fic doesn't follow any linear plot and isn't connected chronologically to any of the other chapters in this book

One second you're trying very, very hard not to fuck up the potion and spread fumes all throughout Crewel's classroom, and the next someone else has already done it for you, ruining their own project and letting the class out early all at once.

"Alright, masks on!" shouts Crewel over the nervous chatter, slipping his own over his face, making sure that it was secure over his nose and mouth before moving on to making sure that everyone else has put their own on.

Yours is already securely over your face. You've gotten used to stupid kids thinking they knew what you were doing during labs like this one, so snapping the ventilator over yourself has become something of a second nature. You look towards Rollo, who was supposed to be helping you out but had wandered off to peek nosily at the potions of other students some odd minutes ago, ready to pull him out of the room before he can get trampled over by the hoard of students, but it looks like he's already found himself his own brand of trouble.

It comes in the form of him not having a mask at all. Fuck.

"What are you doing?! Cover your nose!" you yell at him, trying to put your own hand over his face. 

"Prefect! What is—let me go!" he shouts back, trying to jerk out of your grip. "You're suffocating me!"

"I'm trying to stop you from dying, you fucking idiot!"

"You are—" Rollo doesn't get the rest of his sentence out because he's suddenly bent over at the waist, hacking with such force that you're sure he's going to cough up all of his organs in the next few seconds of you don't get him out of the room. 

Getting him out is harder than you'd like. It's like he's trying  to inhale every nasty gas the cauldron was releasing with the way he was dragging his feet, still coughing so violently you wouldn't be surprised if he'd started spitting up blood. Eventually you're able to haul him out of the room, dropping him on the stone floor unceremoniously and panting somewhat with the effort it took to get him to move. 

"Geez, what's wrong with him?" asks Grim, staring at Rollo. You shrug.

When Grim tries to approach you shake your head. "You stay with your friends, okay? I gotta take care of this real quick. I'll be okay," you tell him, even though he still looks apprehensive about leaving you alone with Rollo.