three meals a day

synopsis: rollo decides that he deserves more punishment to atone and stops eating altogether. the reader has to coax him back into healthy habits while showing him that they're not just doing this out of pity

tw for mention of taking blood and mention of vomiting

You wouldn't call yourself unobservant, but you were definitely missing something.

Rollo was looking paler than ever and easily winded on the walk back to Ramshackle, huffing as he closes the door behind him.

"Geez, did you run a marathon or something? You're sweating all over the place," you point out, which Rollo frowns at.

"I am not doing that. And I didn't run, I walked," he emphasizes, as he usually does whenever you take a crack at him. You shrug.

"Whatever you say. Just don't stink up the place," you call over your shoulder as you resume your schoolwork, eyebrows scrunching up as you attempt to fill in the answers. Rollo passes the common room, heading up the stairs, and you're not normally one to stare but Rollo is definitely climbing the stairs a lot slower than usual.

You watch him head to his room, eyes narrowing slightly. What's up with him today? It's not like him to lag behind like that, much less break a sweat just by walking.

You don't want to pry and end up pushing him away, but you're getting the feeling that something isn't right. You'll see if he's doing okay, just to make sure that he's not sick or hurt or anything else, and then you'll let him do his own thing.

You're putting on your jacket and slipping your bag over your shoulder as Rollo heads back downstairs. Looking up, you give him an acknowledging arm.

"Hey, I'm gonna go pick up some food and walk Grim back here. D'ya wanna come along and get something to eat?" you ask, lacing up your shoes.

"No, I've already eaten."

You nod again, trying to think back and remember if you've seen Rollo bring anything other than his books inside. "Cool, gotcha. You sure you don't wanna go for a walk or anything? The weather isn't too bad, but you might need a jacket," you say, opening the door.

Rollo shakes his head, raising his handkerchief to his face. "No. Goodbye."

Shrugging, you leave, shutting the door behind you and marching off towards the school. Rollo, despite keeping his aloof composure, hasn't been doing very well around the other students, which is expected when the only thing he's known for is trying to kill them all in a dramatic flare of emotions going unchecked for too long.

These schools should really invest in a therapist or two,  you think, trekking all the way to the school to grab Grim from wherever he's run off to.

As expected, the little demon is causing trouble with Ace and Deuce again, still full of energy even though it's nearly dark and the rest of the dorm has been thoroughly tired out by the trio's antics. You smile, watching Grim weave in between Deuce's legs while Ace, who's also looks like he's running out of energy, shambles over to the side of the garden to sit down.