leona doesn't know what's going on but he's here now

synopsis: leona, unaware of what happened during the masquerade event, meets rollo. it goes about as well as expected. the two of them fight over absolutely nothing all the time. kind of leona x reader x rollo but no one wants to say anything about emotions

a/n: saw smthn that said that rollo's ring works the same as the magic pen nrc students use and idk if its true or not but i'm putting that in here

Most of the time, Leona is dead to the world. He finds a place that's secluded, warm, and usually padded, and in three seconds he's completely out and unavailable for the next couple of hours.

Which is probably why he missed all of the commotion when Rollo was introduced to the campus of Night Raven College.

He doesn't particularly care to memorize the faces of the students around him, even the ones from his own dorm, so when he sees a gray-haired student wandering around the halls, looking a little too old to be lost in this school, he thinks nothing of it. Just another air-headed third-year who pays little attention to his surroundings, just like the rest of the kids here.

Leona begins to start having his doubts about that after the fourth time he finds the boy standing in the botanical garden, looking perplexed as he holds an uprooted plant in one gloved hand and is flipping his other ungloved hand back and forth, eyebrows scrunched together as he seems to try something on it.

He quickly notices Leona staring and stops, setting his ungloved hand down and returning the tired, confused look the older student is giving him.

"What?" asks Leona, already feeling his temper rise at the way the boy is just staring  at him (as if he wasn't doing the same thing).

"It is nothing. I am simply getting adjusted to this," says the boy, giving his bare hand a brief look before turning his attention back to the uprooted plant clenched in his other hand.

Well, you can't just say that and not elaborate on what "this" is, thinks Leona, but he's too tired to ask, and he frankly doesn't care about the endeavors of other kids as long as they keep him out of it. He tucks himself back into the corner of the garden, right under a warm ray of sunlight peeping through the window, and attempts to go back to sleep.

Before the three seconds that it takes Leona to fall asleep are up, he's already snapping awake again, eyes flicking right towards the gray-haired student, who's begun to mumble to himself as he fiddles around with a clay pot, trying to stuff the plant into it and doing a poor job at keeping all of the dirt in one place.

"Can you shut up? Some of us are trying to sleep," snaps Leona, watching the student's eyes flicker towards him for just a second before going back to the plant.

"I am currently occupied. If you have a problem with that, I suggest that you move to a different part of the school to sleep. I will be here for a while," says the boy cordially before going back to potting the plant in a poor, uncoordinated manner.

Leona isn't a stranger to being talked back to. Hell, he enjoys banter from time to time, as long as the other party knows their place—which, by the looks of it, this boy clearly does not.