⤷ 𝟬𝟭. 𝗮 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 !

"oh my god."

kaiya, haruko, riley, and you all look at each other as you walk into the classroom.

kaiya is sitting next to riley, and both look at haruko that's standing next to their tables. you just walked in, seeing your three best friends there.

"don't tell me we're really in the same class this year?" riley asks, looking at you, kaiya and haruko. she smirks slightly. "that's gonna be trouble for real."

"i feel like that spider-man meme right now," you say, taking place at the table next to riley and kaiya.

haruko takes place next to you, "for real. how did we manage not to know about which class we were all in?"

"maybe because i was expecting to be in another class i guess," you mumble, thinking back to last year. "i guess my grades weren't that good."

"your science, chemistry and physics was phenomenal?" haruko asks, leaning back in his chair. "how come you're not in that smartass class?"

"she sucks at history," riley comments, also leaning back in her chair. she crosses her arms, "just like me."

"that," you say, pointing at her. "i tried to keep my grades up but they were so bad. now i'm stuck in a class with you guys."

"i think it's pretty cool," kaiya says, smiling. she grabs her binder and pencil case from her bag and turns to her three friends. "i'm sure we will make this an awesome year."

"finally no annoying friends."

"oh my god, right! the twins, suna... they're all away," haruko mumbles, sadness on his face. "i'm gonna miss them."

"and kaykay," riley mumbles, thinking back to her half dutch friends. "i'm gonna miss the twins and suna as well."

"i don't need to, they live close to me."

"aren't they gonna travel the world?"

"oh, right," you mumble, frowning. "i forgot about that."

it's silent for a while. more students walk in, choose a seat, and start chatting with their friends. some are on their phones, sad they're not in a class with their best friends.

then you think back to what kaykay told you a couple weeks back.

"did you know kaykay and tsumu broke up?" you ask, looking at your friends. "apparently they're still friends, but kaykay told me that they did. no idea why, but it's kinda sad."

"but they were so good for each other!" haruko says with a gasp. "ah, that's too bad for real."

"i think they'll get back together eventually, maybe they just need to figure out that they'll miss each other," kaiya says, shrugging.

"i agree," riley says, nodding. "eventually it'll all be okay."

"for all of us i hope?"

you chuckle at haruko, "of course, for all of us. definitely."

"speaking off," riley says, turning towards you. "babes, kuroo told me awfully lot about you over the break. what's between the two of you?"

your eyes widen, a blush around your cheeks as you think at the roosterhead you now call one of your best friends. "nothing," you lie, looking away from her. "look, the class is starting."

"bullshit!" kaiya says, moving her chair so she looks at you as well. "what's this gossip? are you and kuroo a thing?"

you snap your head towards her. "what? no way! he lives too far away from me. but um, i guess we kinda have been texting and calling during our break..."

"dude," haruko mumbles, pushing you slightly. "you didn't even dare to tell us? your best friends?"

you shake your head, the blush on your cheeks not vanishing in the slightest. "no, i kinda forgot."

"because she's been texting and calling him. he literally ditched me and kenma for you a couple of times. i tell you, he likes you."

you roll your eyes, "i'm not interested. remember, my grades are way more important than being in a relationship with someone."

"ew, you're such a nerd."

"shut up, you plant loverboy."

"plant loverboy? what is that?" haruko asks with a chuckle. "it's not like i pull any guys!"

"ginjima?"

"we are just friends."

"i swear, ever since our first year ginjima has been crushing on you," riley answers.

you're happy the topic of you and kuroo is gone, because in no way do you want to talk about your liking towards a certain college guy.

man... he's too old for you anyway...

"for real," kaiya says with a nod, earning a glare from haruko. "you might not see it, but he liked you. maybe not fully anymore, but he surely did when he was still at our school."

"oh, shut it guys."

haruko turns away, happy the teacher clapped her hands after he said his sentence. just like you, he doesn't want to talk about anything love related.

but maybe that's just because for neither of you, it has worked out.

love just isn't in it for you guys.

author's note~
hey sweeties, i'm back again with this amazing story lmao. it's still gonna be random but i also have a slight plot right now that i'm gonna write about so stay tuned !! enjoy old and new characters on a new level hehe